Assuming Triche, Southerland, and Carter-Williams are the only 3 gone | Syracusefan.com

Assuming Triche, Southerland, and Carter-Williams are the only 3 gone

Alsacs

Living Legend
Can somebody please list the 12 scholarship players for 2013-2014 and the positions.
Thanks a lot.

PG: Ennis,gbinje?
Sg: gbinje, Cooney, Patterson
SF: Grant,Roberson, Johnson
Pf: fair, Roberson
C: xmas, keita, Coleman, obokoh

I have 12 if Rak and CJ stay
BMK C
Rak C/F
DC2 C/F
Chino C/F
CJ F
Grant F
Roberson F
BJ Johnson SF/SG
Gbinije G/F
Cooney SG
Patterson SG/PG
Ennis PG

Thank you the fact we have 12 scholarship players listed means NOBODY should even bring Michael Carter-Williams possibly staying another year up. I would be ecstatic if he wanted to comeback, but he isn't as JB wouldn't have 12 scholarships used up unless he thought their was no chance MCW would return. Just looking at that we are weak at backup PG again like this year, and I really hope Coleman becomes atleast a 25 mpg kid next year.

My depth chart guess:
C DC2/BMK/Rak
F Rak/Grant/Roberson/CJ
F CJ/Roberson/Grant/BJ
G Gbinije/Cooney/BJ/Patterson
G Ennis/Gbinije/Patterson

Chino redshirts.

I was just going to post that. I guess not everyone realized it. The women are allowed 15 schollies. That had to be a title nine thing cause I don't think most schools play more than 10 at the most.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

The thing is when I look at that roster Rak really doesn't have a role unless he develops some sort of offensive game. He doesn't need to be an all-conference player, but he needs to average 6 to 8 ppg during conference season. Coleman needs to make the Fab Melo leap from Freshman to Sophomore season and if he does we can't play Coleman and Rak together unless Rak improves his game. The starting lineup will be IMO Ennis, Gbinjie, Fair, Grant, Coleman.

My depth chart guess:
C DC2/BMK/Rak
F Rak/Grant/Roberson/CJ
F CJ/Roberson/Grant/BJ
G Gbinije/Cooney/BJ/Patterson
G Ennis/Gbinije/Patterson

Chino redshirts.

Not sure why but I think we'll see Cooney at PG before we would see silent G there. I think Cooney will be used in the same role Triche was this past year albiet perhaps not the same MPG.

Not sure why but I think we'll see Cooney at PG before we would see silent G there. I think Cooney will be used in the same role Triche was this past year albiet perhaps not the same MPG.
You might be right about this. Cooney seemed nervous dribbling the ball the few times he did, but he has a handle and was dribbling with both hands. Still, this is to be determined, but that the staff doesn't seem to be actively seeking another PG leads me to believe they know something about Silent G that we are not privy to. Yet. :)

You might be right about this. Cooney seemed nervous dribbling the ball the few times he did, but he has a handle and was dribbling with both hands. Still, this is to be determined, but that the staff doesn't seem to be actively seeking another PG leads me to believe they know something about Silent G that we are not privy to. Yet. :)

I'm not sure we have room for another PG even if we wanted one. I think Cooney is capable but lacked confidence for much of the year but you could see it starting to come around with more playing time. His last drive of the year didn't end well BUT suffice to say I was at least pleased to see that he had the onions to try and make that play.

Gbinije was working at PG part of the time in practices this year. That seems like a pretty good indicator that he's likely to slide to PG when Ennis comes out... unless Patterson can do it.

If Fair comes back, I can really see Rak possibly transferring. He does not deserve to start at forward over Fair or Grant, and he will most likely not start at center over Coleman (with Keita as backup). Not sure where the kid would play...

Not sure what signs DC has shown that he might take a leap? Also, while Trevor may become a serviceable guard, he does not look like he will ever be more than a roll player at a high D1 level to me, hope I'm wrong though.

The thing is when I look at that roster Rak really doesn't have a role unless he develops some sort of offensive game. He doesn't need to be an all-conference player, but he needs to average 6 to 8 ppg during conference season. Coleman needs to make the Fab Melo leap from Freshman to Sophomore season and if he does we can't play Coleman and Rak together unless Rak improves his game. The starting lineup will be IMO Ennis, Gbinjie, Fair, Grant, Coleman.
Don't confuse Rakeem's failure to shoot as having an ineffective game as much as he was not allowed to shoot

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom