At this point, does anyone doubt... | Syracusefan.com

At this point, does anyone doubt...

pokercuse08

2nd String
That Fran Brown can recruit top-25 classes at Syracuse? Given what he's done in just a couple weeks...

Looking at last year's rankings, the 20th-26th ranked classes on Rivals (expanded to include Florida State, #3 in the ACC).

20 - Utah: 8 four stars, 11 3 stars
21 - TCU: 6 four stars, 17 three stars
22 - Mississippi State: 3 four stars, 21 three stars
23 - Texas Tech: 5 four stars, 19 three stars
24 - Washington: 6 four stars, 15 three stars
25 - Nebraska: 5 four stars, 22 three stars
26 - Florida State: 1 five star, 8 four stars, 9 three stars

Average: 0.14 five stars, 5.85 four stars, 16.29 three stars

Doesn't 6 four stars and 16 three stars almost sound like a baseline for a Fran Brown class at this point?

With the infusion of talent and the schedule we have, we should win at least eight games next year. That should be the absolute floor. With the toughest games being home against Miami and Va Tech and on the road against NC State, going undefeated and making the ACC Championship Game is in the realm of possibility - especially if those tough games are later in the year after some of the kids have time to gain experience and the team has time to gel.

Imagine what Fran can do in the portal and on the recruiting trail after, say, a 10 win season. I think we could see ourselves landing top-25 classes in 2025 and forward. The question is whether we can go from that range to the types of classes that the top ACC programs bring in in a given year... which is a couple five stars, pushing 15 four stars, and just a handful of three stars.

At this point, I'm wondering, why not? Momentum on the field is going to translate to more and more recruiting opportunities. Our facilities have been improving, as long as NIL is there (and it sounds like it's getting there), why not us?

This is VERY exciting.

We just need some answers at QB and OL and we’ll be cooking. And also ask Fran if he should wait to pass GO so we can afford another OL coach.

That Fran Brown can recruit top-25 classes at Syracuse? Given what he's done in just a couple weeks...

Looking at last year's rankings, the 20th-26th ranked classes on Rivals (expanded to include Florida State, #3 in the ACC).

20 - Utah: 8 four stars, 11 3 stars
21 - TCU: 6 four stars, 17 three stars
22 - Mississippi State: 3 four stars, 21 three stars
23 - Texas Tech: 5 four stars, 19 three stars
24 - Washington: 6 four stars, 15 three stars
25 - Nebraska: 5 four stars, 22 three stars
26 - Florida State: 1 five star, 8 four stars, 9 three stars

Average: 0.14 five stars, 5.85 four stars, 16.29 three stars

Doesn't 6 four stars and 16 three stars almost sound like a baseline for a Fran Brown class at this point?

With the infusion of talent and the schedule we have, we should win at least eight games next year. That should be the absolute floor. With the toughest games being home against Miami and Va Tech and on the road against NC State, going undefeated and making the ACC Championship Game is in the realm of possibility - especially if those tough games are later in the year after some of the kids have time to gain experience and the team has time to gel.

Imagine what Fran can do in the portal and on the recruiting trail after, say, a 10 win season. I think we could see ourselves landing top-25 classes in 2025 and forward. The question is whether we can go from that range to the types of classes that the top ACC programs bring in in a given year... which is a couple five stars, pushing 15 four stars, and just a handful of three stars.

At this point, I'm wondering, why not? Momentum on the field is going to translate to more and more recruiting opportunities. Our facilities have been improving, as long as NIL is there (and it sounds like it's getting there), why not us?

This is VERY exciting.
Even though we have a velvety soft schedule next season, 8-4 would be a staggering first year record for a brand new HC, and calling 8 wins an "absolute floor" seems a bit nuts to me.

IMO it will come down to on the field results. He will be able to close out this class well. He should be able to recruit well next year. But after that IMO the classes will be dependent on results.

If he goes 6-6 and 5-7 (which even for a good HC is an acceptable 2025 record given the schedule), we won't be anywhere near a Top 25 class. However if we go 8-4 and 7-5, it is happening. Book it. One can only sell hope and change for so long so we need some on field results to back the idea up.

If he gets the players on defense he wants, the team's we are playing next year are going to just want to get out of our game healthy.
Don't get me wrong, I'm co-piloting the Franwagon, and was all chips in very early on this move, but winning college football games is hard.

I will say... if Brown can get us a nice 8 or more win season right out of the gate, I can't even imagine how things take off from there.

Even though we have a velvety soft schedule next season, 8-4 would be a staggering first year record for a brand new HC, and calling 8 wins an "absolute floor" seems a bit nuts to me.
We've got like six nearly automatic wins on our schedule and a few more that are very easy to pencil in as should-be wins, and none that we're going to be badly outmatched in.

I’d say over under as of today without knowing OLine additions and who the QB is 6 wins would be the over under, we get McCord and some O line help bump it up easily to 7.5

I’m drinking the Koolaid and all, but some of you all are pouring the wrong enhancement in your batch. The expectations in this thread seem unrealistic.

Please god let me be wrong.

Yeah, I still doubt it. I am optimistic that recruiting will improve, but since the program rarely cracks the Top 50, I’m not expecting Top 25 classes anytime soon.

We'll know in about 3 years.
Curious what he can pull after a few years away from Georgia.

That said, I am impressed by these recruits so far.

We will be changing from getting what's left/available to being a "selector". Brown is already showing signs that he is picky and choosy when he goes after his type of player no matter what stars they've been "assigned".

I’m all in on the kool aid. My wife took this picture of me earlier.

1702594751184.gif

New players...new coaches...new systems...new and unknown QB

8 wins...we in the colonial athletic conference??

How'd Colorado do this year and they had the magnificent Coach Prime...

New players...new coaches...new systems...new and unknown QB

8 wins...we in the colonial athletic conference??

How'd Colorado do this year and they had the magnificent Coach Prime...
Ok, but, the Pac-12 was a meat grinder this season. That was a tough conference. They went out on a high note.