At This Point In The Tournament... | Syracusefan.com

At This Point In The Tournament...

HakAttack

Shirt World Hater, Script Jersey Lover.
...it’s not JUST about talent. It’s about who wants it more. Kansas St. and Loyola proved that tonight.

I don’t know if there’s anyone left in this dance that wants to be the last team standing more than us. This team hasn’t quit all year. I expect them to fight until the final buzzer sounds. If we lose tomorrow it won’t be because Duke wanted it more than us.

As Rudy Tomjanovich said, “Never Underestimate the Heart of a Champion!” This Cuse team HAS the heart of a champion.

Last edited:
They have demonstrated a level of heart which is commendable. I don't think anyone would have expected them to coalesce they way they have. Each of the last 3 games has been nothing short of a gift to diehard Syracuse fans. Truly a team that we should all be very proud of.

I don't think anyone would have expected them to coalesce they way they have.

Coalesce is exactly the right word. Appears that they all like each other and really enjoy playing together. I don't even get the impression that Battle is thinking much about brushing up his NBA resume. They seem to ALL be all about team. Without taking anything away from JB, you can't coach that... it either happens or it doesn't.

I think coaches try to gain more control of the game and play more conservatively, so the scoring tends to go down, which can help underdogs.

Myron Metcalf said this morning, and I'm paraphrasing, that "This isn't ACC Syracuse, this is a different animal".

Very true.. I am definitely interested to see if our defensive intensity and aggression translates against an ACC team. If it does, we have every reason to believe that Syracuse will advance.

If I had to guess, this is NOT the same team Duke saw in Cameron.

I think coaches try to gain more control of the game and play more conservatively, so the scoring tends to go down, which can help underdogs.

which any statistician will tell you, gives you less control.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom