At your own risk | Syracusefan.com

At your own risk

qdawgg

Night Biking Enthusiast
I only say to do this at your own risk b/c it might end up p!ssing you off and ruining your day. I bumped into a co-worker yesterday who had ESPN on during the day so we were talking about the PSU stuff. He goes on to say how he felt bad for JoePa and blah blah blah. Then between getting home from work and this morning - reading facebook posts from people I know, some of the observations about this whole incident is just mind-boggling. I'm almost at the point where I want to delete people as friends b/c they are morons.

So if you ask your friends and co-workers what they think today, expect that some people will really surprise the hell out of you. I think part of the problem is that many people are just casually hearing the information and really haven't read any of the detailed info. So they are basing their thoughts on that - I hope.

I had the same experience at work. One guy said, hey JoePa told his bosses about it nothing more he can do; Let him coach. I was shocked! In my opinion the sport of "football" is so big that some people don't think anything past football. That these "games" are the be all and end all of life for most people. And not just the idiot drunk fan, smart people with big jobs and such. That their happiness in life and their entire weekend's enjoyment hinges on the outcome of these games. And if firing JoePa is going to ruin their weekend because Penn St might now lose a silly game, then screw it, keep Keep JoePa as coach.

It really shows how messed up America is at times.

What amazes me is that the people that I have contact with are not PSU fans. Some of them are not even sports fans in general. I think some people are jumping to the conclusion that he tried to help w/0 actually reading all of the facts. Regardless, anytime your talking about children in a case like this there is no excuse - ever.

I really am disgusted by the people walking around in Penn State attire the past three days. This isn't showing "unity" or anything like that - it's drawing attention to yourself with misplaced pride for an institution that has allowed something rotten to happen. Especially after the disgraceful behavior in State College last night.

If my alma mater experienced such a situation, I wouldn't draw attention to it by walking around with the school colors. It's a dumb society that calls attention to flaws and excuses it as some kind of "pride" or "support."