Class of 2017 - ATH Daewood Davis (FL) Now Flipped to Oregon/ Transferred to WKU/Signed as UDFA to Miami | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 ATH Daewood Davis (FL) Now Flipped to Oregon/ Transferred to WKU/Signed as UDFA to Miami

Maybe he did just want to stay close to home. Remember he has never met the SU coaches nor has he ever stepped foot on campus at Syracuse. He has however visited FAU three times and has a personal relationship with those coaches.
I'm sorry , and I know you will debate me on this but then this is some of the coaching staffs fault. They reached out to re-offer this kid and knew he was a top quality recruit and you can't tell me with all the recruiting the coaches have done down there in the last six months , that they couldn't contact him and meet up with him and personally and invite him up for a visit. jmo

And don't take me wrong , I love what HCDB is doing for SU football. this is just a isolated incident.

Last edited:
I'm sorry , and I know you will debate me on this but then this is some of the coaching staffs fault. They reached out to re-offer this kid and knew he was a top quality recruit and you can't tell me with all the recruiting the coaches have done down there in the last six months , that they couldn't contact him and meet up with him and personally and invite him up for a visit. jmo

And don't take me wrong , I love what HCDB is doing for SU football. this is just a isolated incident.
Good to know we have some good insiders here that know for a fact that this didn't happen. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Serious question...Do you know this for a fact or are you just making this up on the fly?

maybe they did meet with him and told him that he doesn't fit SU from an academic standpoint.

I feel like it's easier as a football coach coming from a different job with most of the same staff intact to bring your list and evaluations with you instead of carrying on the last staff's. That said, it does suck he's going elsewhere.

He is a Junior. There is no face to face contact allowed with these kids off campus. Off campus contact isn't allowed until usually sometime in November of their Senior year.

He knows the FAU coaches because he has visited them on their campus.

Sure, Babers could've done that; of course, in doing so, he would have violated a pant load of NCAA rules. SMH at the lack of recruiting knowledge...

You're dead wrong, as every other person on this thread has told you so far.

bnoro, I only go by what I read. Read post #244 then read #324 "Chill out"
How do you know if this was true or just something he was just saying. Lost a lot of respect of him after all of this. Time to move on and this one is dead in the water.

bnoro, I only go by what I read. Read post #244 then read #324 "Chill out"
They were probably in to meet with his HS coach back in Dec. Any contact with him had to be by texts and DMs and whatever his coach told him as he is, and was at that time, a Junior. For them to have actually sat down and talked with him off the Syracuse campus would have been an NCAA recruitment violation.

Everyone should relax a little bit in this thread instead of piling on an all be it uninformed but seemingly loyal SU fan...seriously all on the same team here folks...pretty sure everyone piling on has been wrong at one time...I saw same pack attack mentality in middle school...no need for it here...

Cusefan69 said:
Everyone should relax a little bit in this thread instead of piling on an all be it uninformed but seemingly loyal SU fan...seriously all on the same team here folks...pretty sure everyone piling on has been wrong at one time...I saw same pack attack mentality in middle school...no need for it here...

This thread is pretty benign - unless it all got removed.

No doubt Good luck to this young man. I'm ready to pick up another kid to give me something to focus on. Who's looking like our next commit. Anyone?

dd.jpg

Maybe he did just want to stay close to home. Remember he has never met the SU coaches nor has he ever stepped foot on campus at Syracuse. He has however visited FAU three times and has a personal relationship with those coaches.
Exactly...if Cuse really wants him...they will make contact with him personally and set up an official visit. Let it play out.

TexanMark said:
Exactly...if Cuse really wants him...they will make contact with him personally and set up an official visit. Let it play out.

So FAU is Florida recruit Purgatory when things get nervous, gotcha.

TexanMark said:
??? Not following you.

Haha just Joking, a stretch I guess.

If memory serves FAU seems to be the school Florida players comit to when they decomit but not where they end up.

Maybe they haven't heard from the staff where they committed before or academics aren't shaping up or some other reason that they feel the ground shifting at the school they chose first. Its happened before with FAU and other recruits and Id expect Davis is waiting out the new staff or another big potential offer to come in before he switches from FAU back to us or somone else.

Here hoping Davis comes back to SU.

Was it ever discovered why Daewood left? I gotta imagine he fits the Babers mold, was it purely his choice?

Was it ever discovered why Daewood left? I gotta imagine he fits the Babers mold, was it purely his choice?
It might have been a little of both. new staff wanted a clean slate. Recruit guys that they know and can grow a relationship with. Maybe they since a little unsureness of his commitment too.