Class of 2017 - ATH Daewood Davis (FL) Now Flipped to Oregon/ Transferred to WKU/Signed as UDFA to Miami | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 ATH Daewood Davis (FL) Now Flipped to Oregon/ Transferred to WKU/Signed as UDFA to Miami

Will enjoy beating them this fall, though they should be a solid squad.

I have a gut feeling that this will be his last flip. lol:noidea:

I wish they used a different word instead of commitment. I guess the other colleges and him have grown apart.

Hi, I'm Daewood Davis, you might recognize me from such commitments as Syracuse and Florida Atlantic. Look for me in such upcoming commitments as Louisville, Miami and ultimately Walton County Community College.

The_Waltons_Title_Screen.png

UMASS has really gone hard after kids that get squeezed out of P-5 classes or grayshirted, or decide to decommit late. They have a number of kids on their roster right now that were former Syracuse commits. Sadiq Palmer, Daiquan Kelly after he got booted from PSU, Taylor Riggins...

Davis is like the weather. If you don't like where he committed just wait 15 minutes and he will change.

UMASS has really gone hard after kids that get squeezed out of P-5 classes or grayshirted, or decide to decommit late. They have a number of kids on their roster right now that were former Syracuse commits. Sadiq Palmer, Daiquan Kelly after he got booted from PSU, Taylor Riggins...

yes indeed, very smart strategy for a school in their current position, they could be a decent team in a few years.

Wonder is his national championship dream was in UMASS colors?

UMASS was fun to watch, and gave a couple of SEC teams pretty tough games, I want to see them play the Orange .

yes indeed, very smart strategy for a school in their current position, they could be a decent team in a few years.

It is because those kids are definitely, at worst, fringe BCS recruits from their region. So by doing, in my opinion they're winning twice - they're getting a kid that is definitely BCS program level material and getting an in at a school in their natural geographic footprint. They hit both the Northeast and Florida with that approach and I think it's pretty smart. I was surprised to see how many kids we offer from Florida that list a UMASS offer.