Class of 2024 - ATH Korey Duff (NY) Verbal to Rutgers | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 ATH Korey Duff (NY) Verbal to Rutgers

Nice to be on this kid early. 6'-5" 195 lbs as a Sophomore with high production. 51 receptions for 981 yards and 12 TD's per his hudl video. Same high school as our walk on RB Mario Escobar.

WR size right now but considering he is so young its possible he grows into a receiving TE as well.

We have time, just have to stay on him. Looks like he has good hands and high points the ball really well.

KOREY DUFF 2024 ST ANTHONYS HS, MELVILLE, NY
WR 6' 5" 190 OTHER STATS NA

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM - SOPH:

51 REC, (918YDS, 12 TDS
SIZE
DECENT SPEED
RUNS GREAT ROUTES
GREAT HANDS/CATCHES EVERYTHING
GOOD BLOCKER

GREAT OFFER

A two day visit is normally an OV.
Korey has really blown up in the last few months. Won an MVP award in some big 7 on 7 camp down south. Has offers now from a ton of SEC and ACC schools.

He has become a national recruit and I think he has a good chance of breaking into the top 300. Also is considered a TE now. And is up to 6'6.

Updated offer list:

Offers from Pitt, WV, Maryland, Rutgers, UConn, UMD, UMass, Temple, Miami OH, Syracuse, UNCC, TAMU, GT, Coastal Carolina, Tulane, ECU, Vandy, Kansas, UCF, Arizona St, UNC, Duke

From this tweet I'm guessing the two Dohn has for OVs are Rutgers and UNC, at least from the recruiting analysts he has noted in the tweet.

A two day visit is normally an OV.
KOREY DUFF, JR 2024 > UPDATE: ST ANTHONYS HS, MELVILLE, NY - VISITING TODAY & TMW 4/7 & 8
#1 WR 6' 5" 205 - JR FILM STATS> 42 REC, 995YDS, 12 TDS / 40 - N/A
5d481645_360.jpg

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

FAST
SIZE
SUPER GLUE HANDS/CATCHES EVERYTHING
ELUSIVE
GREAT AT FINDING OPEN SPACES
RUNS GREAT ROUTES
GOOD BLOCKER

RUTGERS/PITT LEAN

GREAT OFFER!

Talking about receivers coach Salem at Pitt:

“He told me straight up he’s looking for a bigger wide receiver, more of a ‘go-get-it’ kind of wide receiver, and that’s what he sees me as,” Duff said. “And that’s what he’s looking for at Pitt.”

Duff likes to line up as that mismatch in the slot, using his massive frame (6-foot-5) to work over smaller, slower linebackers and safeties. It’s that Y-flex role, either as a wide receiver or tight end, that he’s used to. He may be that go-up-and-get-it kind of threat, but he’s also a threat with the ball in his hands, too.

As a junior at St. Anthony’s, Duff showcased an elite receiving ability. He hauled in 42 receptions for 995 yards (23.7 yards per reception) and 12 touchdowns — all team highs.

In a 6-foot-5, 205-pound frame, he was too big and too strong for anyone to stop him.

“I’d fit nicely, move around,” Duff said. “In the meetings with coach Underwood, coach Salem, they see me moving around and kinda fitting in both, and I think I could definitely see myself doing that in that offense.”

247Sports rates Duff as the 844th-ranked recruit in the class (28th-ranked tight end and the third-ranked recruit from New York) while On rates him as the 707th-ranked recruit in the class (33rd-ranked tight end and the seventh-ranked recruit from New York).

Rivals rates him as the fourth-ranked recruit from New York — holding a 5.6 Rivals Rating.

Duff (who holds offers from the likes of Arizona State, Coastal Carolina, Duke, Georgia Tech, Kansas, Maryland, North Carolina, Pitt, Rutgers, Syracuse, Temple, Texas A&M, Tulane, UCF, Vanderbilt and West Virginia) has visits scheduled for Syracuse, Rutgers and UCF soon.

He doesn’t have a decision date in mind, but he does have officials locked in with Rutgers and North Carolina, and while he doesn’t have anything official with Pitt right now, it’s most definitely a possibility.

“I think a big plus for them is how they share the facilities with the Steelers, just being around coaches and being around players, I think that can be great for the whole program,” Duff said.

“Pitt’s always been more towards the top, just keeping that relationship with coach Salem, him coming to see me during those live periods at my school and talking to him, so they’ve always been toward the top.”

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom