Atlantis Tickets Venting | Syracusefan.com

Atlantis Tickets Venting

Headmaster 9

2nd String
We have had poor experiences purchasing away event tickets from SU in the past, but after hearing 'support the university ' from many faithful we bought out Atlantis package through SU. Result ... Screwed again. We were assigned, through SU, the worst seats in the house - seriously not exaggerating . We have had season tickets in our family since Manley & still sit in the seats purchased in 1980 that we inherited when my father in law passed away.

We complained after the first game , were moved to seats that we at least acceptable and then got the same seats again today.

We have moved, exchanged through Atlantis and spent way too much time trying to "upgrade" to decent seats. That's on us. Being treated like we don't matter by SU after so many years of faithful support- that's on SU!

We have had poor experiences purchasing away event tickets from SU in the past, but after hearing 'support the university ' from many faithful we bought out Atlantis package through SU. Result ... Screwed again. We were assigned, through SU, the worst seats in the house - seriously not exaggerating . We have had season tickets in our family since Manley & still sit in the seats purchased in 1980 that we inherited when my father in law passed away.

We complained after the first game , were moved to seats that we at least acceptable and then got the same . . . . seats again today.

We have moved, exchanged through Atlantis and spent way too much time trying to "upgrade" to decent seats. That's on us. Being treated like we don't matter by SU after so many years of faithful support- that's on SU!

Just curious.. what are the worst seats in the house?
The place looks so small.
Also have all of the seats been filled? Looked like there were some empty rows yesterday.

Also have all of the seats been filled? Looked like there were some empty rows yesterday.

Ha I had the same thought.

Last last row, directly behind the basket, which may not seem like a big deal to you, but when you have preferred seating for both basketball and football and been donating to the university for over 20 years, it is a slap in the face.
People who just found out about the trip a few weeks ago, and don't donate a dime to the university have far better seats then we do.

No offense but you are in the bahamas. Some of us would never get a chance to go. Be happy

I can understand his point. If I spent a mint to follow the team to Atlantis (a dream trip) and got bad seats after purchasing the pricey SU package from the university being a decades long ticket holder, you'd hope that SU would procure good seats for their own faithful. It does seem weird that purchasing tickets on your own would result in not only cheaper tickets but better seats. I do agree though that he should shake it off and enjoy great teams, a fun trip and venue.

Cheriehoop said:
I can understand his point. If I spent a mint to follow the team to Atlantis (a dream trip) and got bad seats after purchasing the pricey SU package from the university being a decades long ticket holder, you'd hope that SU would procure good seats for their own faithful. It does seem weird that purchasing tickets on your own would result in not only cheaper tickets but better seats. I do agree though that he should shake it off and enjoy great teams, a fun trip and venue.

Not that weird, SU's packages are notorious for having worse seats than if you set it up on your own.

Not that weird, SU's packages are notorious for having worse seats than if you set it up on your own.
Yep, completely agree...never book through SU. You can even do better yourself booking your own Final Four where ticket supply is super-high.

Last last row, directly behind the basket, which may not seem like a big deal to you, but when you have preferred seating for both basketball and football and been donating to the university for over 20 years, it is a slap in the face.
People who just found out about the trip a few weeks ago, and don't donate a dime to the university have far better seats then we do.
I have to agree, I quit buying tickets through SU for most events. I got shafted too many times.

Last edited:
Probably all friends of CTO's ;)

No offense but you are in the bahamas. Some of us would never get a chance to go. Be happy
No offense taken.. However we saved for two years to be able to make this trip. We are blessed to be here and thrilled to watch SU play great basketball .

Missing The point- While the worst seat in the house in this venue is far better than in a larger stadium, we still got terrible seats from SU. Yes, we were able to move into empty seats that were better but we should not have to do that. It take away from the experience.

We are not big donors but have been long term regular donors and two sport season ticket holders. I was venting about not being valued by the university despite all of those years just because we can't donate at higher level, plain & simple.

Oh, and thanks to Jerimiah from SU for taking care of it today. We appreciated not having to find empty seats today!

Yeah that ain't right.

I think the larger issue still holds. How many times have we read on this board that seats are worse and more expensive (as is SU related travel costs) if one goes through the University? It just never made sense but it consistently appears to be the case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom