ATTN: @ 3000 UConn Tix Available Buy Them Up Cuse! | Syracusefan.com

ATTN: @ 3000 UConn Tix Available Buy Them Up Cuse!

Their fan base is a shell of what it used to be. Pretty sad how far their fan support has fallen. I remember watching UConn games in the 90's and the entire crowd would stay to the end even against the cupcakes. Sad.

Their fan base is a shell of what it used to be. Pretty sad how far their fan support has fallen. I remember watching UConn games in the 90's and the entire crowd would stay to the end even against the cupcakes. Sad.
Ours has decreased too...the 88-90 time frame was amazing for attendance...but we would have 27k for a Wed UConn game this season.

I cant get enough of how far their programs (football and hoops) have fallen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ours has decreased too...the 88-90 time frame was amazing for attendance...but we would have 27k for a Wed UConn game.

We still would likely get 25,000 for that game. I can't imagine the heyday when we averaged 29,000.

I cant get enough of how far their programs (football and hoops) have fallen

One of the funniest things I have ever witnessed happened during the BET in 2005 [Hak's senior year]. I'm pretty sure uconn was ranked #1 at the time when we sent them packing. Went to the game with my father and one of his good friends. The friend has two adult children--one of whom is 6-6 280, the other 6-8 300. Not fat guys, either--big, put together guys.

We were absolutely slaughtering them at halftime. An absolute blitzkrieg. And at halftime, the uconn fans were walking around looking stunned. The "smaller" of the two brothers stopped every uconn fan that walked past and asked if they wanted to sell their tickets for the rest of the BET--something that losing fans often do when the get knocked out. Now mind you, this is at halftime of the game. And invariably, the uconn imbecile would puff their chest out and try to get super indignant, while simultaneously choosing their words carefully because the guy was huge.

It was freaking hilarious!

One of the funniest things I have ever witnessed happened during the BET in 2005 [Hak's senior year]. I'm pretty sure uconn was ranked #1 at the time when we sent them packing. Went to the game with my father and one of his good friends. The friend has two adult children--one of whom is 6-6 280, the other 6-8 300.

We were absolutely slaughtering them at halftime. An absolute blitzkrieg. And at halftime, the uconn fans were walking around looking stunned. The "smaller" of the two brothers stopped every uconn fan that walked past and asked if they wanted to sell their tickets for the rest of the BET--something that losing fans often do when the get knocked out. Now mind you, this is at halftime of the game. And invariably, the uconn imbecile would puff their chests out and get super indignant, while simultaneously choosing their words carefully because the guy was huge.

It was freaking hilarious!
I was at that game too. Loved after the game when all of their fans walked out so dejected.

Ours has decreased too...the 88-90 time frame was amazing for attendance...but we would have 27k for a Wed UConn game this season.

No it hasn't we are good.

The tickets are more expensive and thus we can't hope to get the type of walk up crowd we would have back then. Non-donation season tickets are badly overpriced right now at 400 bucks each. Most schools they'd be 100-200 bucks. We play in a 35k arena so ours should be that too. But Dr Gross and the athletic department would see scalpers buy them all up since they'd make it back on 1-2 big games a year. I won't slam the athletic department for deciding to having non donation season prices somewhat high but that is why your Detroit game for example didn't have a big crowd.

Syracuse/CNY and our fanbase that attends games (of which I am no longer part of) has weathered the recession well and still passionately supports the team. But the good seats that people want to use instead of watching on TV are taken up as season tickets. The rest aren't THAT cheap and not as cheap as they were in the 80s and 90s. You just get the "casual" crowds on the weekends. Its no big deal we still do a great job of filling a huge and unique venue in a relatively small city that is crazy for hoops.

Weekend BE games draw as good as ever. Midweek non conference games aren't an appropriate indicator and still do OK.

Our attendance will get a boost from playing Big East teams in November and December then ACC teams Jan-March. We are in good shape. Football is going to be solid too if we can kick off the season by beating Ped St.

We have the best fans in basketball in terms of numbers and I've been to games (recently) at other good programs like Creighton KU and Arizona so am in position to compare. Only Duke and Gonzaga have stupidly high demand where you can't get a ticket and its because of stupidly low supply. Can't compare Syracuse to them.

UConn is a JOKE in every way shape and form and I am happy they are taking their proper place in the college sports world. They were always overrated because people were dumb enough to get really into womens ball. Providence is the best BB program/fanbase in New England (have had some tough luck in the last year though when it looked like Cooley had them rolling with some recruits) not uconn.

No it hasn't we are good.

The tickets are more expensive and thus we can't hope to get the type of walk up crowd we would have back then. Non-donation season tickets are badly overpriced right now at 400 bucks each. Most schools they'd be 100-200 bucks. We play in a 35k arena so ours should be that too. But Dr Gross and the athletic department would see scalpers buy them all up since they'd make it back on 1-2 big games a year. I won't slam the athletic department for deciding to having non donation season prices somewhat high but that is why your Detroit game for example didn't have a big crowd.

Syracuse/CNY and our fanbase that attends games (of which I am no longer part of) has weathered the recession well and still passionately supports the team. But the good seats that people want to use instead of watching on TV are taken up as season tickets. The rest aren't THAT cheap and not as cheap as they were in the 80s and 90s. You just get the "casual" crowds on the weekends. Its no big deal we still do a great job of filling a huge and unique venue in a relatively small city that is crazy for hoops.

Weekend BE games draw as good as ever. Midweek non conference games aren't an appropriate indicator and still do OK.

Our attendance will get a boost from playing Big East teams in November and December then ACC teams Jan-March. We are in good shape. Football is going to be solid too if we can kick off the season by beating Ped St.

We have the best fans in basketball in terms of numbers and I've been to games (recently) at other good programs like Creighton KU and Arizona so am in position to compare. Only Duke and Gonzaga have stupidly high demand where you can't get a ticket and its because of stupidly low supply. Can't compare Syracuse to them.

UConn is a JOKE in every way shape and form and I am happy they are taking their proper place in the college sports world. They were always overrated because people were dumb enough to get really into womens ball. Providence is the best BB program/fanbase in New England (have had some tough luck in the last year though when it looked like Cooley had them rolling with some recruits) not uconn.
Fan base? Sure. Program? come on...

I was at that game too. Loved after the game when all of their fans walked out so dejected.

When we lost in 2005 to Vermont, all the Yukon fans were strutting their feathers that day. I went back on Sunday and watched NC State upset 2nd seeded Yukon thanks to Julius Hodge. I had great seats that I had gotten from NC State and was sitting behind their AD and Herb Sendak's wife. Yukon had their bags packed for Syracuse for the next round and it was so good to watch them lose. That made me feel better about our loss.

Ya lets be real here, Providence couldnt hold Uconns jock, I am no UConn fan but that statemetn was ridiculous.

While it's fun to laugh at UConn's misfortune the last two years on the court (the APR stuff is BS and I hate that we don't have the chance to kick their a** one last time in the BET), the idea that Providence is the best program in New England is a joke. UConn is one of the top 5 programs of the last 20 years. They're arguably the best program in the last 15 years. There is no second program in New England. UConn and its bench are the top two programs in New England over the last 20 years.

And yet some clueless denizens still want UConn in the ACC. They offer nothing of value at this point. Just a relic. That program truly lived and died with one person.