attrition | Syracusefan.com

attrition

moqui said:
McCullough 6-10 Christmas 6-9 Coleman 6-9 Obokoh 6-9 Roberson 6-8 Johnson 6-7 Gbinije 6-7 Doyin Akintobi-Adeyeye 6-6 I still have hope, but if we ever get down to DAA,then we are DOA
Jerami grant anyone? Anyone??

With 8 scholarship players left, I think the writing's on the wall for this season. It's a pity because our three experienced guys (MG, TC and RC) are playing very well. Against weaker teams we can get away with playing 3 on 5 or 4 on 5 ... with no experience on the bench. But we're going to have to beat some top-25 caliber talent to get an NCAA bid. And once the second half of the schedule arrives, I don't see how JB can keep this magic act going. If Rak picks up fouls, or just one of the big three has an off night offensively, I think we're in trouble.

This is not a slight on Roberson or BJ. Tyler's coming on and is a beast on the boards. Unfortunately he's not finishing well or shooting the ball with any confidence and his help-side defense is a WIP. BJ's got great promise -- a good handle and excellent quickness for a 6'7 guy. But he's also not shooting it with confidence and is still learning his role defensively.

Our tallest player's out, our PG and SF positions are in flux and we have no depth in the middle. We should just take what comes this year and enjoy watching Rak play. Maybe baptism by fire is the recipe to get TR and BJ going, but it's asking a lot and I think everyone will have to be patient going forward.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom