AW III | Syracusefan.com

AW III

Finwad32

Hall of Fame
What a curtain call. Different season than many expected, for the team and probably AW III as well. I'm happy that he gets to leave the Carrier Dome on a note like this, he'll never forget it.

Not to mention, it helps inch us closer to the goal here.

Good game for Tyus, offensively, as well.

Andrew White was FILTHY! Total Wes-like rejection called a bogus foul. Had some nice drives too. He has improved his game coming here. If Lydon is your third best player then that isn't a bad thing. Sometimes pro potential VS his team value is not related.

And he had a couple of shots that were more than half way down pop out. Pure shooter. There has to be more like him out there. Need to find a replacement for next year. His shooting definitely mad other teams defend around him. Opens up other players on the floor.

The shot that he hit when Tech cut the lead to 3 to extend the lead back up to 6 was HUGE. I was on the verge of a panic attack before that.
I was not a happy camper at that point either.
That 3 keyed the run in the second half where they finally put the game away.
Seems everyone woke up after that and stepped up their play on both ends of the court

That's gotta easily be the record for points scored on senior day. On the post game show Matt Park was saying it's been 34 years, since 1983, that an Orange player has scored 40 points in a regular season game! And we did it twice this year!

Imagine no White and no Gillon, how many do we win then? Might have been in BC territory.

No kidding. That these guys became the two MIP's on the team [not saying that they were the MVP's, or that either was the best player necessarily] on a team with Lydon says a lot about what their contributions were.

We would have sucked without these two. The vast majority of the criticism vented on either / both earlier in the season by some posters seems largely unwarranted in retrospect.

No kidding. That these guys became the two MIP's on the team [not saying that they were the MVP's, or that either was the best player necessarily] on a team with Lydon says a lot about what their contributions were.

We would have sucked without these two. The vast majority of the criticism vented on either / both earlier in the season by some posters seems largely unwarranted in retrospect.

They were the two scapegoats for everything that happened earlier in the year which was flat out wrong. We saw how Roberson and Frank were ALL year and I don't think at any point this year either one of them outplayed Gillon or White but I think the fans just wanted Howard and Roberson to succeed soooooo bad that it clouded judgement.

The shot that he hit when Tech cut the lead to 3 to extend the lead back up to 6 was HUGE. I was on the verge of a panic attack before that.

So was I, being I made my largest wager of the season and needed them to win by ten, which I thought they would fairly easily. The momentum shifts in this game were(I dont think "EPIC" would be a misuse here!).

Hopefully this fire continues into the post season, including the ACC tournament, to give us something new!

White is going to get a good chance to play in the NBA - he is just such a great shooter and can get his shot off with people on him - not just a wide open look - he plays hard on defense too - of course he lacks the dribble, drive and athletic ability the better NBA SF's have