Away at NC State Feb 13 | Syracusefan.com

Away at NC State Feb 13

mark79

Doughnut connoisseur
Excited! I just got tickets to the NC State game on Feb 13th at PNC arena.

I think this could be a special year! Since I live so far away from Syracuse now (Charlottesville) this works out pretty well. Anyone else thinking of going?

Mark

I go to most all of the State/UNC/WF games down here as I live in Raleigh area. As you are aware the Duke tickets are scarce and very expensive.
State fans are mostly harmless besides the 10% that feel they are still a major national brand and do not like "yankees" in their conference or arena. The Gillon game was fantastic as some State fans were absolutely stunned and became belligerent.

My goal is to travel to a different ACC venue each year with my kids. I was at the SU-NCST game a couple years ago where Gillon hit the desperation three to send it to OT. PNC Arena (NC St's second home) is probably my favorite arena that I have been to. It is well lit, clean and easily accessible. Of Course this could be because the last arena I went to before that was Virginia Tech's which is a old moldy gym in the middle of nowhere.

All that being said, I am going to Clemson this year as I have not been there but do plan on going to either State or Carolina again as well as getting to the Wake game.

I go to most all of the State/UNC/WF games down here as I live in Raleigh area. As you are aware the Duke tickets are scarce and very expensive.
State fans are mostly harmless besides the 10% that feel they are still a major national brand and do not like "yankees" in their conference or arena. The Gillon game was fantastic as some State fans were absolutely stunned and became belligerent.
I feel like Duke will be the toughest ticket to get due to my hesitancy in paying $600 a ticket

I feel like Duke will be the toughest ticket to get due to my hesitancy in paying $600 a ticket

Duke is much harder or more expensive for the UNC/UVA/NC St games than SU game. I have been fortunate that I work with 2 Duke grads with one having season tickets to go to a few games over the years at Cameron.

Have our tickets also. We rent a suite for each NC State/Syracuse game. Been doing this since before joining the ACC. Also planning on WF and VT games. We did the "Amazing" Duke game couple of years ago. Worth doing the venue once but rather costly for top row seats.

It might be more cost effective to enroll at Duke as a grad student and camp out for face value tickets

I also live in the Raleigh area and have the same hesitation about Duke. Definitely doing NCST/NC/Wake though. This season is great for basketball and 2019-2020 will be great for football

State fans are mostly harmless besides the 10% that feel they are still a major national brand and do not like "yankees" in their conference or arena.

These types of territorial weirdos are the funniest to me. They actually think they have or should have some say over this stuff. Like it’s “their” arena, and not some multimillion dollar piece of property belonging to multibillion dollar entity that doesn’t give a hoot about them.

I’ve been to games at Wake and UNC before. I thought both were great places to watch a game with well behaved fans. State - I’ve always been a bit wary of them.

I will get tickets as the game gets closer. I go to any Cuse game near the Triangle. Wake was the only one last year. NC State and Wake have terrible basketball fan bases. Tickets are easy to get and shouldn't cost a lot. UNC tickets are easy if you want to sit up high and Duke tends to be expensive depending how good SU is that year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom