Awesome Waiters tweet | Syracusefan.com

Awesome Waiters tweet

Yes, he was signing autographs down in my section. It was the only bright spot in an otherwise somewhat gruesome day. I know we won, but... <SIGH>

I've made an existential decision. Since Nov. 1 is only 6 weeks away, I can now mentally urge time to faaaaassssttttttttt forward.

Glad to here he is in town hopefully he is working out with the guys and playing ball everyday.

It's nice to see Dion giving JB credit. He's a great talent with a bright future. But the character he built under JB -- spending time in the dog house his first year, and having to accept a role as ''spark plug" off the bench last season -- will be as important to his career in the NBA as his playmaking ability.

And we had Dakari Johnson visiting this weekend! Perfect timing for Dion to show some JB love!

Dion retweeted BT...guess there are no more hard feelings! Good to know..

And we had Dakari Johnson visiting this weekend! Perfect timing for Dion to show some JB love!
The picture Dion tweeted with JB looks like the same clothes JB was wearing with Dakari so hopefully they were all hanging out

The picture Dion tweeted with JB looks like the same clothes JB was wearing with Dakari so hopefully they were all hanging out

exactly and both were in the Melo center

It really says something about his character. We've all seen tons of movies and TV shows where the guy in the dog house becomes super-motivated to overcome all the obstacles in front of him. But in reality, this rarely happens. Many simply blame the coach or give up. Dion deserves props for not only working through everything but bringing attention to Boeheim.

It's nice to see Dion giving JB credit. He's a great talent with a bright future. But the character he built under JB -- spending time in the dog house his first year, and having to accept a role as ''spark plug" off the bench last season -- will be as important to his career in the NBA as his playmaking ability.

Well put.

People vastly miss the boat on Waiters. He has the ability to dribble fancy in every way possible like a true PG (even at the nba level), he has nice passing skills, and his ability to dribble circles in the open court looking to score (a rarer quality). And he has good defensive potential at the next level.

Theres not to many guys that dribble well into open space. Waiters had that ability as a true SG. If the right guy every teaches him it could be all over. Say someone like Michael Jordan.

Someone needs to help Dion realize ALL of his upside. He has so much hiding because hes so darn explosive, and hasn't got outside those gates yet, but could be really successfull doing so.

Going to miss him no matter what. I know he had his rough patches unlike Anthony Davis maybe, but Dion was a monster. Not to often you say someones game is going to change and grow drastically for the better in the NBA. Even 75% of the lottery picks don't get talked about like that. But, Dion is one of them. Dion Can be a NBA allstar, if he wants it like he did at syracuse.
Game>money and other things.

What ---no one saw this coming:noidea:

He is a rookie a week into camp. He will be Scott's whipping boy until at least January and that is exactly what he needs!

Hes not good enough yet,(right now) to run freestyle doing what he wants.
He was at syracuse but not on cleveland. If I am wrong I will eat crow.

He is a rookie a week into camp. He will be Scott's whipping boy until at least January and that is exactly what he needs!

I'm of two minds on this.

It would be a clever motivational ploy on the part of Scott, tearing down the rookie in order to focus him. On the other hand, maybe it's the return of "I don't want that kind of kid in my program" Dion, attendee of four different high schools.

Hope he works hard and takes care of himself.

Did everyone think he was suddenly a different person than when he left SU?
This quote from the article says it all:
"----Byron Scott knows he's got a gifted player, but he's also got a young man that comes into a whole lot of money and really is not the most mature guy on the block. ... That's part of the reason they went out and got Miles, to hold this over Waiters and let him know, hey, these things are earned."

I'm of two minds on this.

It would be a clever motivational ploy on the part of Scott, tearing down the rookie in order to focus him. On the other hand, maybe it's the return of "I don't want that kind of kid in my program" Dion, attendee of four different high schools.

Hope he works hard and takes care of himself.

Learning lessons Scott is going to teach him how to be a pro. I believe he will learn remember he is still own 20yrs and is making 4 mill a year maturity issues are bound to happen.

Dion will have to stay hungry and humble on the bench.

Byron Scott is famous for his doghouse... gonna take some work for DW to crawl out of it. Byron butted heads with a similar talented/lazy player in New Orleans named JR Smith years back.

DW with a good attitude though

"There’s a lot of plays and a lot different schemes", Waiters said with respect to the new offense. "Coming from college, we probably ran around four or five plays, really, so it's an adjustment. Coach wants me to learn how to play without the ball, so I'm learning how to put myself in certain situations where I’m able to be effective. That could take my game to the next level. Kyrie’s going to have the ball a lot as the point guard, so I got to find other ways to score.”

We only run 4 different offensive plays?

Dion will have to stay hungry and humble on the bench.

Byron Scott is famous for his doghouse... gonna take some work for DW to crawl out of it. Byron butted heads with a similar talented/lazy player in New Orleans named JR Smith years back.

DW with a good attitude though

"There’s a lot of plays and a lot different schemes", Waiters said with respect to the new offense. "Coming from college, we probably ran around four or five plays, really, so it's an adjustment. Coach wants me to learn how to play without the ball, so I'm learning how to put myself in certain situations where I’m able to be effective. That could take my game to the next level. Kyrie’s going to have the ball a lot as the point guard, so I got to find other ways to score.”

We only run 4 different offensive plays?

Byron Scott war with Jason Kidd was legendary in NJ and was the main reason Scott moved on.

We have like 10-12 plays not count out of bounds plays but JB will run the plays over and over again if they are working well. Motion offense doesn't have a lot of "plays" it more of a system. One can have 15 results for the same "play". By the way the triangle offense supposedly has no plays or one play if you prefer its all read and react.