AWIII's NBA Potential according to Draft Express | Syracusefan.com

AWIII's NBA Potential according to Draft Express

I'll definitely be rooting for him, but ultimately, I think his ball-handling will make it very difficult for him to get on the court in the NBA.
Wes Johnson wasn't much better and he's stuck around for a while now, though AW isn't nearly the athlete Wes is.

Wes Johnson wasn't much better and he's stuck around for a while now, though AW isn't nearly the athlete Wes is.

You beat me to it. White's saving grace will be his stroke from 3. A nice pick and pop player, but because he can't create his own shot due to his suspect ball handling, it could be hard for him to stick.

Two things a basketball player should be able to do, competently handle the rock and shoot. You don't have to be Kyrie Irving with the ball or have the range of Steph Curry, but you should be serviceable in those areas.

You beat me to it. White's saving grace will be his stroke from 3. A nice pick and pop player, but because he can't create his own shot due to his suspect ball handling, it could be hard for him to stick.

Two things a basketball player should be able to do, competently handle the rock and shoot. You don't have to be Kyrie Irving with the ball or have the range of Steph Curry, but you should be serviceable in those areas.

White's step-back/fadeway is pretty good

Much better shooter than Wes - same handle. Nowhere near the rebounder or defender.

I wouldn't say he's a much better shooter than Wes. Wes didn't shoot as many 3's as White, but he was a 42% shooter from behind the arc.

Wes has the advantage in athleticism and flexibility between playing SG and SF in the NBA. White has the size advantage.

Much better shooter than Wes - same handle. Nowhere near the rebounder or defender.
Sorry but Wes has really ticked me off since he's been in the NBA. I catch a game or two here when he plays and he doesn't do much except shoot 3's most of the time and maybe grab a defensive rebound. Never see him crash the board's on offense or move much, very disappointing and feel he's had a somewhat wasted NBA career. I know he's been in the league a long time just saying his career could have been much better productive wise.

When you have one game skill that you are exceptional at, you can carve out an NBA career. That's not to say that White will, that he'll be drafted, that he'd make a team, that he'd crack a rotation, etc. but there is a place in the game for players who can shoot.

He's got a shot [figuratively and literally] because of how well he shoots. That's one more NBA level skill than many players have.

Maybe we'll see White in the three point contest at the All-Star game.

He's the worst passer on the team, I pucker up whenever he has the ball, worst handle I can remember. He's uncomfortable doing anything on the court besides shooting.