B-Ball Jersey Number | Syracusefan.com

B-Ball Jersey Number

AirForceOrange

Hall of Fame
Gonna get a jersey, but can't decide on a number...which one should I get?

Is there a list somewhere of players and jersey numbers?

here is a partial list (link will open a pdf file) . . . it's supposedly official, but we know it is partial because they have no listing for the number 8, which belonged to Hall of Famer Vic Hanson. Don't know how they could miss that one. "8 Hanson" would be a cool customized jersey, IMO.

Personally, I would go with 19 which is one of the numbers worn by the legendary Wilmeth Sidat Singh (he also wore #3, but there are a ton of #3 jerseys around). However, if you get "03" then you honor the only NCAA title. following that line of thought, an 18 or 26 would be cool because nobody else would have them and you could honor the school's first two national titles, awarded for the the 1918 and 1926 seasons.

here is a partial list (link will open a pdf file) . . . it's supposedly official, but we know it is partial because they have no listing for the number 8, which belonged to Hall of Famer Vic Hanson. Don't know how they could miss that one. "8 Hanson" would be a cool customized jersey, IMO.

Personally, I would go with 19 which is one of the numbers worn by the legendary Wilmeth Sidat Singh (he also wore #3, but there are a ton of #3 jerseys around). However, if you get "03" then you honor the only NCAA title. following that line of thought, an 18 or 26 would be cool because nobody else would have them and you could honor the school's first two national titles, awarded for the the 1918 and 1926 seasons.

I may go with 03 as I was around for that one. Thank you for the suggestion.

The football jersey I am going to try to get is a retro with 44 and Davis on the back.

You will be a stud if you get a # 35 Celuck jersey! If you wore that to a game I bet 20 people comment about it!

15 with "Dont Harsh My Melo" on the back
i was saying this all last week, what movie did i get it from? and sweet sig... cats are the MJ's of the animal kingdom.

I actually have a #13 jersey (Kueth Duany's jersey) signed by the entire 2003 team. Kueth was the captain (and I knew and liked him) so I decided to go with a #13 jersey ... rather than the #15 everyone else was getting.

Gonna get a jersey, but can't decide on a number...which one should I get?

Is there a list somewhere of players and jersey numbers?

I have two - #21 for Lawrence Moten, and #1 for Hakim Warrick. The Warrick jersey is my favorite (my mom used to call me "#1" growing up, as the oldest of 3 boys). My daughter often wears the Moten jersey to games.

Great link ! Thanks.

If we are talking about jerseys we have/have had, I've had the old script style Derrick Coleman, a Lawrence Moten, Gerry McNamara, Eric Devendorf, Paul Harris, Donte Greene and Jonny Flynn.

I've had the old script style Derrick Coleman

If a genie came up to me and said that I could choose between world peace for the planet, or SU basketball going back to those classic cursive script jerseys from the late 80s/early 90s... I would choose world peace but I'd have to think about it for like an hour.

If a genie came up to me and said that I could choose between world peace for the planet, or SU basketball going back to those classic cursive script jerseys from the late 80s/early 90s... I would choose world peace but I'd have to think about it for like an hour.
Then I shouldn't mention that the script 44 jersey is lost somewhere in my parents' house in PA. We have literally no clue where it is.

#23. no not michael jordan but the great sonny spera.

I have a Douglas, Warrick, Moten and an Owens jersey with cursive lettering on the front and I have Melo, AO and Jason Hart with the design of there final seasons all 7 have the player's last name on them and all of them are road jerseys. I also have a Dnic jersey under construction.

Where do you get these made to order Cuse jerseys? I've been looking for a Moten for a long time.

#23. no not michael jordan but the great sonny spera.
about 10 years ago I lived in Hoboken and used to play ball at the 4th st courts all the time. One day Sonny was in town and I ended up playing in a pickup game against him, he held his own against guys 15-20 years younger than him.

Cool find on the list (under-inclusive as it is). Look at the #6 jersey. Am I crazy, or does the numeral not match the lettering? I think they couldn't find a clean photo of that jersey (which can't have been worn in decades) and just superimposed a "6" on a newer jersey.

Cool find on the list (under-inclusive as it is). Look at the #6 jersey. Am I crazy, or does the numeral not match the lettering? I think they couldn't find a clean photo of that jersey (which can't have been worn in decades) and just superimposed a "6" on a newer jersey.

Ditto for #17. And if they couldn't find a photo of Billy Gabor (one of our all-time best), that intern must not have been trying.

about 10 years ago I lived in Hoboken and used to play ball at the 4th st courts all the time. One day Sonny was in town and I ended up playing in a pickup game against him, he held his own against guys 15-20 years younger than him.

i can remember the nascent dome going crazy when sonny checked in. kinda mookie times 4. and free fries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom