B10 looks desperate to me! Bizzaro Move by Them! | Syracusefan.com

B10 looks desperate to me! Bizzaro Move by Them!

chakka3421

All Conference
Really? Is that the best you can do Delaney? You just added 2 money losing, empty stadium schools. I would fire him immediately for making such piss poor choices.

I dont get all the panic. Just dumb on everyone's part here. Just wait and see when the music stops.

Cross posted from another thread where the same point was brought up:

This move is not a desperation move, you've got to look at it beyond that. This move does a few key things.

1) It likely forces the ACC to make a lose-lose-lose decision. The ACC can take Louisville, hurting it academically and leaving it with a footprint that is shifting toward the Midwest - thus either leaving it vulnerable to a Big 12 raid of Louisville or able to raid the Big 12 (both just fine with the B1G). On the other hand, the ACC can take UConn and risk upsetting FSU and Clemson to the point that they consider bolting to the Big 12 or, if they can convince them, the SEC - again the ACC is more susceptible to being raided. Finally, the ACC can do nothing and stand pat for now at the risk of upsetting its members - again the ACC is more susceptible to being raided.

2) By making the ACC more susceptible to being raided, the B1G has increased its chances of eventually getting Notre Dame, and that's what this whole entire song and dance is really about. If Notre Dame starts seeing stories about FSU, Clemson, UVA, UNC and VT considering jumping ship, it might start leaning back toward the B1G. If any of those schools DO leave the ACC, it's likely to crumble. If the ACC crumbles, the B1G is the PROHIBITIVE favorite to land ND. I don't see any way that ND goes with the Big 12 over the B1G. Notre Dame is the last hot, single girl at the party, and after every remaining move in conference re-alignment, you have to look at ND and wonder how it is tied in to them.

3) It likely solidifies Penn State in the B1G by giving them a couple of East Coast buddies, who also just so happen to be a couple of schools the Nittany Lions can probably beat up on while they rebuild that program. There was some speculation that this move might have led to PSU leaving the B1G - no way Delaney wouldn't have given that serious consideration, as PSU would have been the biggest "free agent" if they started looking to get out of the B1G. If this move had anything to do with PSU, it solidified their stay in the B1G.

4) It expands the B1G footprint, making it much more conceivable that they could land one of the Virginia or Carolina schools out of the ACC.

Essentially, though, Delaney has forced the ACC to make a move that one way or another will upset some ACC schools and could set in action a chain of events that makes the ACC crumble and makes ND land in the B1G. I'm not saying that's LIKELY, but it is now MORE likely than it was a week ago.