B10 using ACC tactic? | Syracusefan.com

B10 using ACC tactic?

normaliswear

All Conference
In the early 2000s The BE and ACC were on similar footing. There was talk of FSU and Maryland jumping to the BE and it was obvious one would eventually destroy the other. Smartly, the ACC struck first and has won that fight, destroying their once main rival. Now the B10 sees ND choose the ACC, hears rumors of Penn St interest in moving making the ACC MUCH more powerful if it happened. So, they attempt to kill the ACC before it becomes a real threat. Take Maryland that could cause a chain reaction... Clem and FSU next... then G Tech, Miami, V Tech, and Virginia, NC State, and UNC (some combination of them) go to the SEC, B12, and B10. ACC is gone, B10 dominates the Midwest AND East Coast, ND is left to crawl to the B10, hat in hand, and beg entry.

Don't think ND is the end game. I don't know. If I were an ND fan, I'd be pissed that they were trying to strong arm me into their conference. ND can always offer their services to one of the other super conferences. They are the only team that I don't have a problem with for weird geography.

ND will never beg for anything, and neither will Swofford. This is huge pot on the table. If Delany is trying a bluff, than he's a colossal dumb ass. Swofford and ND have no love for Delaney or the BiG. Teaming up against him is something they will relish.

Hey PSU, would you rather have your lacrosse team in the greatest college lacrosse conference ever, or do you want to play catch with MD and RU with a bunch of football schools that would rather not play the sport? I say the ACC teams should boycott MD and all BiG lax teams if this happens. Screw em. I know, lax doesn't mean anything. But still.

MD fans have got to be sitting there wondering "What?". This is not a fan friendly move at all. MD is a BBall / Lax school at heart, not football. Their fans want UNC and Duke. They won't care for Michigan and Wisconsin. MD's football team stands to do worse than it is now, and their other sports will suffer too. No question in my mind.

ND will never beg for anything, and neither will Swofford. This is huge pot on the table. If Delany is trying a bluff, than he's a colossal dumb ass. Swofford and ND have no love for Delaney or the BiG. Teaming up against him is something they will relish.

Hey PSU, would you rather have your lacrosse team in the greatest college lacrosse conference ever, or do you want to play catch with MD and RU with a bunch of football schools that would rather not play the sport? I say the ACC teams should boycott MD and all BiG lax teams if this happens. Screw em. I know, lax doesn't mean anything. But still.

MD fans have got to be sitting there wondering "What?". This is not a fan friendly move at all. MD is a BBall / Lax school at heart, not football. Their fans want UNC and Duke. They won't care for Michigan and Wisconsin. MD's football team stands to do worse than it is now, and their other sports will suffer too. No question in my mind.
Yeah from a Md fans view this would suck. I don't care if my team got more cash than yours... I wanna enjoy watching the games.

To Maryland fans a move to the B1G means they surrendered to the Carolina mafia

To Maryland fans a move to the B1G means they surrendered to the Carolina mafia
This move would be similar to Tex AM leaving the Big 12 and Texas. Maryland wouldn't mind getting away from UNC/DUKE and the rest of the Carolina schools. I am sure that is a factor in all of this.

Agreed. Goodbye MD lax.

MD fans have got to be sitting there wondering "What?". This is not a fan friendly move at all.
Whereas I agree with you, there are those who would say this is exactly what Syracuse is doing to its fan base.

Agreed. Goodbye MD lax.

Whereas I agree with you, there are those who would say this is exactly what Syracuse is doing to its fan base.
Just as good hoops, historical rivalries, not sacrificing any sport quality, and we aren't traveling to Iowa. Nowhere near the same thing.

Just as good hoops, historical rivalries, not sacrificing any sport quality, and we aren't traveling to Iowa. Nowhere near the same thing.
As I said, I agreed with Pete and I agree with you. But I have seen that exact sentiment expressed on this board numerous times.

As I said, I agreed with Pete and I agree with you. But I have seen that exact sentiment expressed on this board numerous times.
Was the member's name OrangePA? ;). He has expressed that sentiment numerous times.

Just remember Notre Dame and Texas AD's good friends, Texas and Oklahoma against adding teams, time to blow up Big 12. Texas, Oklahoma, Notre Dame to ACC. Put that group together better then Pac 12, Big 10, and equal or better then SEC in football and better in basketball then all the conferences. ESPN replace existing LHN with an ACC network and Big 10, and Pac 12 networks would be left out in the cold.