B12 | Syracusefan.com

B12

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
There is a B12 meeting today/tonight where Missouri might be letting the B12 know of their intentions to leave. If so, WVU might be added soon thereafter.

Sent from my DROIDX

There is a B12 meeting today/tonight where Missouri might be letting the B12 know of their intentions to leave. If so, WVU might be added soon thereafter.

Sent from my DROIDX

This feels like that somewhat hot girl in college you worked waaay too hard to land a date with and you find out she wears padded pushup bras and kisses like a guppy.

This feels like that somewhat hot girl in college you worked waaay too hard to land a date with and you find out she wears padded pushup bras and kisses like a guppy.

And behind her zipper reminds you of a briar patch.

And the commish of the Big12 says Missouri did not voice their decision yet (as of 7pm).

I think even marrinato knows by now that they're leaving-What's the holdup?

I wonder if John Marinatto had to break into the Providence Post Office tonight to retrieve the invitations he sent out to Houston, SMU and Central Florida this afternoon.

I'll bet $10 that Missouri stays in the B12

This would not surprise me at all. Same thing happened last year with the Big 10.

Has there ever even been clear evidence that the SEC is interested in them?

They're having discussions, still negotiating. At the end of the day, they are going to want to seem interested until they leave, or don't. Maybe it's because of the experience A&M had when they tried to leave initially. Won't surprise me either way, unless they actually have an invite and choose to stay. If you ask me, it's an academic mismatch. Culturally, they belong in the Big 12 or Big 10 (at least as much as Nebraska does).

This is not an original thought:

Considering Missouri: IF you go to every house during rush, you do your best, and dont get a bid... Its not a bad idea to wait till spring rush and be the top pick...

...this is actually funny at this point...Mizzou whined and cried last year about the B1g and now did same with SEC and may 50-50 not leave the Big 12...if they stay in Big 12 I hope they suck for a very long time...they have overdone their 15 minutes of fame...shut up and make a decision already so the other teams can move on with their lives

The decisions is the SEC's not Mizzou's! Mizzou is only waiting for the SEC to say ok then Mizzou will say that they have applied for admission into the conference. The SEC will not, and should not be pushes around by a "who cares about them school". Mizzou for two years, as comments above have said, has made fools of themselves thinking others will drool to have them in their conference. The people in the Big 12 and here in Oklahoma can't figure out why the acting commissioner doesn't say "you've got one week to decide or you are out but you are not going to this league hostage". Missouri simply is trying to make themselves look more relavant than they are.

I hope they go for SU's sake. If they go and the Big 12 picks up Louisville and WVU plus one-Big East FB is gone and no team would join therefore the 27 months should be gone since the wouldn't be a league.

If I were the commish of the Big 12 I'd invite Louisville and WVU-line up a third team to get to 12 and boot Mizzou now.

I'd take WVU, Louisville and Cincy right now and shove Mizzou to the curb. Mizzou better hope the SEC says Yes, because the Big 10 sure as hell isn't going to take them.

I hope they go for SU's sake. If they go and the Big 12 picks up Louisville and WVU plus one-Big East FB is gone and no team would join therefore the 27 months should be gone since the wouldn't be a league.
The remaining teams would want to be compensated for loss of future TV and BCS revenues. As well as future scheduling commitments. What does a BCS bowl generate for the conference? You'd have to double that and divide that by the number of departing schools (3-5). Add $5M and a bit more and then you may be able to get early.

The hoops schools would want compensation for loss of future TV revenues as well.

Looks like they're building a new wafflehouse in Columbia Missouri.

I wonder if the Big 12 went to ESPN and asked how much they'd be worth if they added wv and louisville?

The remaining teams would want to be compensated for loss of future TV and BCS revenues. As well as future scheduling commitments. What does a BCS bowl generate for the conference? You'd have to double that and divide that by the number of departing schools (3-5). Add $5M and a bit more and then you may be able to get early.

The hoops schools would want compensation for loss of future TV revenues as well.

With the TV contracts and BCS contracts ending, could that be an out for Pitt, SU, and WV/UL? There was no guarantee that the BE kept its bid going forward with those teams. So how can the left behinds gain compensation? For TV, I don't think the BE would have a leg to stand on since no new deal was made. We didn't agree to be in the BE forever. If we left for the 2013-14 season (a year early), I don't think we would have to pay extra. Especially since Nebraska, Colorado, A&M, and likely Mizzou were able to get out early without penalty.

... I don't think we would have to pay extra. Especially since Nebraska, Colorado, A&M, and likely Mizzou were able to get out early without penalty.
That's a bit of an apples-to-oranges comparison.

The Big XII left-behinds are still in fine shape in a BCS AQ conference. They are fine with moving on to the new normal.

The NBE left-behinds are on life rafts in the ocean looking for some scraps (e.g. exit fee$) to hold them over until they get picked up by a boat. They hope that boat will be a luxury cruise ship (ACC, Big-whatever) instead of trawler (MAC, C-USA). Until they realize what lies ahead and accept that, they will want to hold on to whatever they can for as long as they can.

If the Big XII goes beyond 10 then the end is in sight and the BE should hoist the white flag. If the Big XII stops at 10 then I'd expect the BE to try to regroup. In either case, Syracuse should be prepared for another year of purgatory.

Sent from my DROIDX
As with everything else in this chaotic mess, take this with a grain of salt:

Neinas (acting B12 commish) stated ~10 days ago that if Mizzou leaves, they will be replaced immediately. Will any team from the BE be able to step in immediately?

As with everything else in this chaotic mess, take this with a grain of salt:

Neinas (acting B12 commish) stated ~10 days ago that if Mizzou leaves, they will be replaced immediately. Will any team from the BE be able to step in immediately?

Latest tweet word is that CBS is reporting that within 24-48 hours of Missouri notifying the B12 that they are leaving (which is expected) WVU will be formally invited and accept.

WVU is on pins and needles now. B12 teams better start tuning up their banjos.

Latest tweet word is that CBS is reporting that within 24-48 hours of Missouri notifying the B12 that they are leaving (2hich is expected) WVU will be formally invited and accept.

WVU also has a lot more money than us to leave immediately if they want to. I know for SEC a lot of their donors said they'd put up as much as 25-30 mil immediately to switch without waiting 27 months. If they can get the same donors on board for B12, they aren't gonna be waiting.

WVU also has a lot more money than us to leave immediately if they want to. I know for SEC a lot of their donors said they'd put up as much as 25-30 mil immediately to switch without waiting 27 months. If they can get the same donors on board for B12, they aren't gonna be waiting.

Every contract has it's price to break, so you are correct.

WVU is on pins and needles now. B12 teams better start tuning up their banjos.

sw50sw8sw578.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom