B1G | Syracusefan.com

B1G

Charlie

Walk On
I know and agree it is the best conference this year, but how many home court games are they getting in the tourney? I think they have 4 teams playing within about 1-2 hours of their campuses. Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan St and Indiana... Well, Indiana is a little further but it's probably less driving time than from Syracuse to NYC. Just seems crazy and I haven't heard a peep about it.

Why are you complaining? Syracuse just played two home games according to ESPN. We played SD State earlier this season on the west coast, so they count as home games.

3 pods in 2013 were in middle of B10 country and it set up well for best teams - Lexinton, Detroit, Dayton. It just worked out well (or pods were poorly selected)

Compare to next year -- 3 closest pods to middle of B10 -- Milwuakee, St Louis, and Buffalo. B10 will not receive same advantae next year.

B1G not alone. Ville' playing in Lexington and Indianapolis. KU playing in KC.

B1G not alone. Ville' playing in Lexington and Indianapolis. KU playing in KC.
Individual teams aren't really the point, every year at least 1 team gets a couple of home games. This year, the B1G is essentially getting almost 6 home games (8 if you include a 2 1/2 hour drive for Indiana). I am probably wrong, but I can't remember so many games for a single conference being played so close to their teams home. Another point I was trying to make is that I can't recall a single commentator pointing how helpful playing so close to home it is for these teams. I don't really care honestly. It's not like these aren't fairly regular sites so it's not about to change.

Individual teams aren't really the point, every year at least 1 team gets a couple of home games. This year, the B1G is essentially getting almost 6 home games (8 if you include a 2 1/2 hour drive for Indiana). I am probably wrong, but I can't remember so many games for a single conference being played so close to their teams home. Another point I was trying to make is that I can't recall a single commentator pointing how helpful playing so close to home it is for these teams. I don't really care honestly. It's not like these aren't fairly regular sites so it's not about to change.

You're preaching to the wrong guy. I hate that anybody gets an unfair advantage. But it's no conspiracy for the B1G. They have highly seeded teams and there were several sub-regional sites in their neck of the woods.

You're preaching to the wrong guy. I hate that anybody gets an unfair advantage. But it's no conspiracy for the B1G. They have highly seeded teams and there were several sub-regional sites in their neck of the woods.
Who said anything about a conspiracy theory? Just an observation about the sites and the commentators.

I know and agree it is the best conference this year, but how many home court games are they getting in the tourney? I think they have 4 teams playing within about 1-2 hours of their campuses. Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan St and Indiana... Well, Indiana is a little further but it's probably less driving time than from Syracuse to NYC. Just seems crazy and I haven't heard a peep about it.

We get to play a number one seed in DC. I wouldn't complain about locations too much.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom