Babers first dozen twitter followers | Syracusefan.com

Babers first dozen twitter followers

anomander

Living Legend
Happened to do some Dino twitter stalking, and found it very interesting the first dozen or so recruits he followed on twitter. Who knows what comes of it, but Dino must feel he has a better shot at these kids now that he's at Syracuse. It was mostly the who's who in PA/NY for the 2017 class with a few others mixed in.

In order (rankings per Rvlz)

2016 - Sean Foster OL 4 star - Illinois
2017 - Weston Bridges RB 3 star - Coopley, Ohio
2017 - Isiaiah Wilson DT 5 star - Brooklyn, NY
2017 - Jack Coan QB - 4 star - Long Island, NY
2017 - Romello Martin DT - 4 star - Brooklyn, NY
2017 - Ethan Wiederkher OT - 3 star - Long Island, NY
2016 - Anthony Brown QB - 3 star - NJ
2017 - Carter Lynch OT - 4 star - Philadelphia, PA
2017 - Mark Webb WR - 4 star - Warminster PA
2017 - Damion Barber - high 3 star - Harrisburg, PA
2017 - CJ Thorphe - 4 star - Pittsburgh, PA
2017 - DJ Jeter DT - 4 star - Beaver Falls, PA
2017 - D'Andre Swift RB - 4 star - Philadelphia, PA

First thing I notice from that list is it is mostly offensive. Barber either realizes we need a huge upgrade on that side of the ball, or that's where he feels he has the best chance snagging some highly rated kids.

I do like to see him shoot from the stars, and go from there. One of my biggest beefs with the prior staff was that we settled on some lesser talent too early in the cycle. There always seemed to be a handful of guys committed in late Spring, that we could have got any time we wanted.

It will be interesting to see how he and his staff are received. I do think he will be able to snag some highly rated offensive talent that will want to play in his system. That's how Baylor started their emergence...well that and a guy named RG3 that totally flipped the script for them. We just need to find our RG3, Luck, or Dalton. Pretty easy right??

Happened to do some Dino twitter stalking, and found it very interesting the first dozen or so recruits he followed on twitter. Who knows what comes of it, but Dino must feel he has a better shot at these kids now that he's at Syracuse. It was mostly the who's who in PA/NY for the 2017 class with a few others mixed in.

In order (rankings per Rvlz)

2016 - Sean Foster OL 4 star - Illinois
2017 - Weston Bridges RB 3 star - Coopley, Ohio
2017 - Isiaiah Wilson DT 5 star - Brooklyn, NY
2017 - Jack Coan QB - 4 star - Long Island, NY
2017 - Romello Martin DT - 4 star - Brooklyn, NY
2017 - Ethan Wiederkher OT - 3 star - Long Island, NY
2016 - Anthony Brown QB - 3 star - NJ
2017 - Carter Lynch OT - 4 star - Philadelphia, PA
2017 - Mark Webb WR - 4 star - Warminster PA
2017 - Damion Barber - high 3 star - Harrisburg, PA
2017 - CJ Thorphe - 4 star - Pittsburgh, PA
2017 - DJ Jeter DT - 4 star - Beaver Falls, PA
2017 - D'Andre Swift RB - 4 star - Philadelphia, PA

First thing I notice from that list is it is mostly offensive. Barber either realizes we need a huge upgrade on that side of the ball, or that's where he feels he has the best chance snagging some highly rated kids.

I do like to see him shoot from the stars, and go from there. One of my biggest beefs with the prior staff was that we settled on some lesser talent too early in the cycle. There always seemed to be a handful of guys committed in late Spring, that we could have got any time we wanted.

It will be interesting to see how he and his staff are received. I do think he will be able to snag some highly rated offensive talent that will want to play in his system. That's how Baylor started their emergence...well that and a guy named RG3 that totally flipped the script for them. We just need to find our RG3, Luck, or Dalton. Pretty easy right??
Has he followed the 2017 commits yet?

I could be reading the fishes and loaves roster stuff wrong, but I feel like there's a pretty solid foundation of young players on the defense. They might feel confident they can accomplish what they want on defense with some of the players we have, whereas to get the offense where they want the vision is a little more specific.

There's absolutely zero chance we land Swift, but I love that Dino is shooting for him. That kid has a chance to wind up being the #1 RB in the nation in that class.

anomander said:
Happened to do some Dino twitter stalking, and found it very interesting the first dozen or so recruits he followed on twitter. Who knows what comes of it, but Dino must feel he has a better shot at these kids now that he's at Syracuse. It was mostly the who's who in PA/NY for the 2017 class with a few others mixed in. In order (rankings per Rvlz) 2016 - Sean Foster OL 4 star - Illinois 2017 - Weston Bridges RB 3 star - Coopley, Ohio 2017 - Isiaiah Wilson DT 5 star - Brooklyn, NY 2017 - Jack Coan QB - 4 star - Long Island, NY 2017 - Romello Martin DT - 4 star - Brooklyn, NY 2017 - Ethan Wiederkher OT - 3 star - Long Island, NY 2016 - Anthony Brown QB - 3 star - NJ 2017 - Carter Lynch OT - 4 star - Philadelphia, PA 2017 - Mark Webb WR - 4 star - Warminster PA 2017 - Damion Barber - high 3 star - Harrisburg, PA 2017 - CJ Thorphe - 4 star - Pittsburgh, PA 2017 - DJ Jeter DT - 4 star - Beaver Falls, PA 2017 - D'Andre Swift RB - 4 star - Philadelphia, PA First thing I notice from that list is it is mostly offensive. Barber either realizes we need a huge upgrade on that side of the ball, or that's where he feels he has the best chance snagging some highly rated kids. I do like to see him shoot from the stars, and go from there. One of my biggest beefs with the prior staff was that we settled on some lesser talent too early in the cycle. There always seemed to be a handful of guys committed in late Spring, that we could have got any time we wanted. It will be interesting to see how he and his staff are received. I do think he will be able to snag some highly rated offensive talent that will want to play in his system. That's how Baylor started their emergence...well that and a guy named RG3 that totally flipped the script for them. We just need to find our RG3, Luck, or Dalton. Pretty easy right??

Our QB may already be on the roster, as long as he's alright physically.

Maybe we get a legacy out of that list. Looks like we are working NYC again too.

Maybe we get a legacy out of that list. Looks like we are working NYC again too.
Well, all four of the NYC guys were offered by the old staff.

Whitey23 said:
Has he followed the 2017 commits yet?
Honestly just looked at his most recent follows, I didn't get too deep into it. Hopefully thougj

There's absolutely zero chance we land Swift, but I love that Dino is shooting for him. That kid has a chance to wind up being the #1 RB in the nation in that class.
The Next 44???

I hope we stay on Fred Hansard, the 2017 DT from NJ.
I imagine we probably will, but I will tell everyone right now, that's going to be a recruitment that 1) we probably won't win, and 2) we probably won't enjoy much. Hansard seems like a good kid, but he also seems like a kid who absolutely LOVES the attention and will drag things out as long as possible to soak in as much as he can get.

I imagine we probably will, but I will tell everyone right now, that's going to be a recruitment that 1) we probably won't win, and 2) we probably won't enjoy much. Hansard seems like a good kid, but he also seems like a kid who absolutely LOVES the attention and will drag things out as long as possible to soak in as much as he can get.

Any chance we'll offer KJ Jr. and would that have any effect on Hansard, even if they are a year apart?

Any chance we'll offer KJ Jr. and would that have any effect on Hansard, even if they are a year apart?
I hope KJ Jr is good enough, for sure. He's said before he would commit on the spot. He and Hansard are super tight, but I think Hansard will already be committed somewhere by the time KJ Jr might get an offer.