Back from Clemson | Syracusefan.com

Back from Clemson

realorange

Living Legend
Have read very little of the threads since I got back but some of the ones I did, I'm glad I didn't waste my time finishing them.
Mrs. real and I got to Clemson and went to TDs to pink up tickets from Johncuse44. Thanks again to him for all his work in organizing for this game.
Walked up to Littlejohn arena and talked with other fans while waiting for the doors to open. Seems like Syracuse fans are always the first to get to get there. Finally got in, found seats and looked around. Arena is much like the one we saw at Florida State last year. Usher told us they are shutting it down sometime in the next year for a complete remodel. It will actually cut out over 1000 seats when finished.

Hard to say how many Syracuse fans were there with the competing Clemson orange shirts. However with the number of folks I saw in the lobby, restaurants, bars and hotels I'd have to believe there were over at least 1000.

This is the third ACC campus we've visited for a game. All have very upbeat pre-game activity as well as something happening at every timeout to keep the energy up. Clemson had a pep band of close to 100 featuring seven tubas! Approximately 20 cheerleaders and a like number of dance team members.

The game itself was obviously disappointing. Roc had a very good game but had to fight for almost everything he got. Several of his made shots should have been "and one", to say nothing of the beating he took under the basket. Cooney was almost completely taken out of the game by Ron Hall who played a very good offensive game as well. For my money, he was the real difference for Clemson. G seemed reluctant to take many wide open shots. Why? That coupled with our inability to make a shot from outside was a death knell in the first half. The second half was somewhat better but still not anything to write home about.

Most of the team seemed to have their head somewhere besides in the game. You felt that they were likely to be in trouble just watching the warm-ups and seeing little to no smiles or joking around.

We don't regret the trip because it's always great to see and support the team when we're now so far from Syracuse. Just too bad the poor Syracuse team showed up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom