Back-to-the-basket scoring | Syracusefan.com

Back-to-the-basket scoring

EastCoast2

Board Mathematician
Should be no surprise to anyone. It's actually a little amazing that Battle is able to do what he does and score 20ppg, given our lack of any post presence whatsoever.
Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at 9.44.49 AM.png

That graphic perfectly sums up a point I made here a few days ago. Without balanced scoring, the offense (any offense) is doomed.

If you shoot the ball enough you'll score points.

We literally have 2 guys on the court that do not and almost refuse to score.
Given what Battle is being asked to do, he's been a pretty efficient scorer with a .539 TS% this season.

and who's coaching the bigs ? a point guard ? you got bobby clarke trying to teach bernie parent how to play goal.
just cuz you can score them don't mean you know how to stop them

Last edited:
Given what Battle is being asked to do, he's been a pretty efficient scorer with a .539 TS% this season.

539 isn't efficient.

539 isn't efficient.
It depends somewhat on the context.

Anyhow, Battle this season has a .539 TS% on 28.5 Usage. Care to guess which "inefficient" go-to SU guy had a .537 TS% on 29.3 Usage?

It depends somewhat on the context.

Anyhow, Battle this season has a .539 TS% on 28.5 Usage. Care to guess which "inefficient" go-to SU guy had a .537 TS% on 29.3 Usage?

I'd guess Melo. Still doesn't mean it's efficient.

Should be no surprise to anyone. It's actually a little amazing that Battle is able to do what he does and score 20ppg, given our lack of any post presence whatsoever.
View attachment 123988
Awesome post and find.
I have been hammering why we as a program can’t find a Rick Jackson since 2011.
Rak in 2015 was the only season we had a big who could post. JB doesn’t care about offense from his bigs he recruits for the zone D.

I'd guess Melo. Still doesn't mean it's efficient.
So Melo, who was surrounded by better offensive talent than Battle, was not an efficient scorer while here? Look, I know what Battle does out there isn't always pretty, but he is certainly getting it done as a scorer for this team.

So Melo, who was surrounded by better talent than Battle, was an efficient scorer while here? Look, I know what Battle does out there isn't always pretty, but he is certainly getting it done as a scorer for this team.

All I'm saying is that efficient is not a word I would use for Battle, because he's not no matter the circumstances.

and melo boarded.
We're talking about offensive production. And Melo played a different position.

when grading production we cut you some slack in one area when it is balanced out in another. i do anyways.

One of the tallest teams in NCAA and no one has a back to the basket game. Spread the floor for it and still no takers. You would think they would master this for the matches which take place each and every game May be a legitimate offensive threat with lockout to the 3 available marek has done it and Oshae sometimes but that’s it

Awesome post and find.
I have been hammering why we as a program can’t find a Rick Jackson since 2011.
Rak in 2015 was the only season we had a big who could post. JB doesn’t care about offense from his bigs he recruits for the zone D.
Sidibe may be the guy you're looking for.

Sidibe may be the guy you're looking for.
He showed some potential at the start fo the year when he was somewhat healthy, but it's been hard to judge him overall this season. I'm interested to see what he looks like if he can add 15 lbs of muscle and stay healthy for 6 months.

He showed some potential at the start fo the year when he was somewhat healthy, but it's been hard to judge him overall this season. I'm interested to see what he looks like if he can add 15 lbs of muscle and stay healthy for 6 months.
He gave us a glimpse of the future in the second Pitt game. If healthy, he will be a low post scoring force next season as a 20mpg guy, with even greater things to follow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom