Bad Luck Bradley ... or is it really a "break" for him? | Syracusefan.com

Bad Luck Bradley ... or is it really a "break" for him?

SkanSU

Starter
Whoa ... I really feel badly for this kid but what an amazing concidence. Ya'll remember UConn's Bradley, the Center that gave up his schollie so that Drummond could come on board. UConn reports that he fractured his ankle and will be out through December. Hmmm ... looks like a redshirt to me. That means he comes back next year (He is a Senior) with a schollie. I'lllet your imaginations run wild on this one.

...not sure they can hide behind a fake injury...they probably used a baseball bat and said "take one for the team"...oops, didnt me to shatter more than one small bone.

Except of course that being on a scholarship has nothing to do with redshirting plus the kid is getting an academic scholarship this year.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Except of course that being on a scholarship has nothing to do with redshirting plus the kid is getting an academic scholarship this year.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Ah, the old "academic scholarship" for athletes. Funny, that's what a lot of the Patriot and Ivy League athletes get.

Whoa ... I really feel badly for this kid but what an amazing concidence. Ya'll remember UConn's Bradley, the Center that gave up his schollie so that Drummond could come on board. UConn reports that he fractured his ankle and will be out through December. Hmmm ... looks like a redshirt to me. That means he comes back next year (He is a Senior) with a schollie. I'lllet your imaginations run wild on this one.
depends on the severity of the injury, if he is ready to go in december i think they might need to play him. even if oriakhi and drummond play 30 minutes each, there is still 20 minutes left at the PF/C spot, maybe roscoe smith can help out but after that all that's left is olander and the bigger german kid. the big east will really test your depth, especially if anybody gets dinged up at all.

They say that he may be ready in Deccember and I hope so for the kid ... but isn't that pretty serious a fractured ankle? Maybe not if the cast (I'm assuming he will have one) is on for 6 weeks. That would be like the end of November ... wouldn't you need some time for rehab and I doubt he will be running on that ankle for a while after the cast is removed ... probably end of December ... unless my time line is wrong.

As far as the academic scholarship goes when was that reported? Just out of curiosity. I had heard that he was receiving financial aid ... that is different in one respect but I suspect that the financial aid will be a full boat anyway. Altho he would (might) redshirt he would do so in his financial aid year and possibly come back on a full schollie next year ... again in his Senior year (5th year). There is nothing wrong with that for him ... he gets the extra year with a schollie. Unless I am mixed up somehow on the way it goes.