Bad on the road | Syracusefan.com

Bad on the road

Pyle

All Conference
This isn't meant to be a knock on the team or staff or anything like that. I'm just wondering if the reason this team is much better at home is due to the fact we run the no-huddle. Seems harder to communicate on the road at the LOS than it would be in a traditional huddle offense simply due to the noise factor and opposing crowds. Legit concern or over-analyzing?

I lean towards legit concern.

This isn't meant to be a knock on the team or staff or anything like that. I'm just wondering if the reason this team is much better at home is due to the fact we run the no-huddle. Seems harder to communicate on the road at the LOS than it would be in a traditional huddle offense simply due to the noise factor and opposing crowds. Legit concern or over-analyzing?
I think it's a legit concern and seems to fit the general logic of "home field advantage". However, I have to chuckle remembering all the negative comments in 2010 about how Syracuse "could not figure out how win at home" that year. Maybe Doug overcompensated.

usc was neutral, rutgers and cinci we should have been ahead mid 3rd quarter of both so the crowd was doing much at that time. USF we won down the stretch.

Maybe legit for the Minnesota game (and also for Saturday's game). But the Rutgers, Cincy, USF games were hardly hostile environments. I'd bet Nassib could use his low talker voice and Sales would still hear him on the outside.

I think the road in general tends to rattle college football teams. They don't play as comfortably. And as a result, they make more mistakes.

We lost by 8 at Rutgers in a game that had a rare 10 point swing on a blocked FG, how often does the ball bounce in a way that allows it to be returned for a TD?

We lost at Cincy by 11 in a game where we ended up with 0 points on 2 drives that had dropped TD passes.

So close to undefeated in this crap league, no matter where we play.

Maybe legit for the Minnesota game (and also for Saturday's game). But the Rutgers, Cincy, USF games were hardly hostile environments. I'd bet Nassib could use his low talker voice and Sales would still hear him on the outside.

I think the road in general tends to rattle college football teams. They don't play as comfortably. And as a result, they make more mistakes.

We lost by 8 at Rutgers in a game that had a rare 10 point swing on a blocked FG, how often does the ball bounce in a way that allows it to be returned for a TD?

We lost at Cincy by 11 in a game where we ended up with 0 points on 2 drives that had dropped TD passes.

So close to undefeated in this crap league, no matter where we play.
...and don't forget the dropped pick-six by Reddish.

I might have an issue with playing on grass if anything if I were to parse this down I suppose.

I might have an issue with playing on grass if anything if I were to parse this down I suppose.
I think the only game we've played that was not on FieldTurf/artificial was @ USF, which we won.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom