Bad planning, bad execution, bad coaching, bad offense | Syracusefan.com

Bad planning, bad execution, bad coaching, bad offense

SyracuseFan

Scout Team
I believe JB did a horrendous job last night! But, I also believe he coached the game to get them ready for the big dance and he was not worried if that cost us the cinny game. Even so, there sure were a few head scratcher decisions!

Unfortunately it reminded me of the disaster that was Rick Jackson as a point forward vs Butler. Worse decision in JB's career imo. He overthought it & never changed it! I hope we show a little more poise from coaching to senior leadership going forward.

Let me explain, JB had a goal going back to the @Uconn game. He wanted to spread out the minutes keep everyone fresh and get em all confident going toward Pittsburgh & Boston.

The coaches believed they needed to get Triche and Southy playing their best ball for us to advance out of Boston. Triche has shown he will be ready, see ville game at home. Then going to NY we needed Southy to get going more than anything. We accomplished this in spades against convict state.

Then suddenly we found ourselves with an even bigger problem in JB's eyes, the meltdown in Scoops game that has gone on for 4+ games. Scoop has been steady and confident all season until the last several games.

JB trusts scoop more than any other player we have, whether right or wrong. Now suddenly Scoop's forcing things, being lazy on defense, and not getting the ball inside, & basically letting his offensive slump dictate the rest of his game. Aka... becoming a liability!

After seeing Triche, Joseph & Southy pick up their games a bit in the last few. JB pannicked Imo but with good reason. Scoop was bad yesterday but JB felt he had to stay in to get his confidence back. I'm very worried that Scoops nerves are gonna bring out bad scoop next weekend. I understand JBs decision, but when it was obvious scoop wasn't gonna bounce back in the second half he should have sat him for a few more minutes and we would have likely won the game.

I understand that cj Fair was ill Thursday and god I'm praying he was ill yesterday too. He got way way way too many minutes. The only thing he did in the second half was set a ton of weak screens on the perimeter.

1. WHY WAS CJ PLAYING? IT MADE ZERO SENSE
2. WHEN SCOOP WAS SHOWN TO BE A LIABILITY LATE YEST.WHY WAS HE STILL IN THERE? DRIBBLING INTO 3 GUYS WITHOUT ANY NUMBERS? PLAYING SCOOP OUT OF HIS SLUMP DID NOT WORK AND NOW JB IS NERVOUS AND LIKELY TO OVERTHINK SOMETHING.

3. OVERTHINKING/UNDERTHINKING AND WHERE THE HELL WAS MCW? There is just no excuse or reason not to give him some time when scoop was playing so bad.

4A. JB it would be nice if you used your timeouts more effectively, use them to kill opposing teams momentum, like every other halfway decent coach does to us every game I just don't get it, its not rocket-science. How do you wait until your down 20 to call a timeout? HOW?

4B. Our offense needs a backup plan for our only set plays! The super fancy occasionally and only slightly effective high pick and roll doesn't work against the zone. if they are in the zone what's our offense doing? STANDING AROUND IS PATHETIC! Why not plant Southy at the foul line to pass/shoot or run an attack on the baseline. When we are being zoned does our team have any set plays outside of CJ Fair?

5. Where was Xmas? What HE COMES IN PLAYS HIS BEST MINUTES THEN NEXT GAME WE BRING IN KEITA?

6. WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO SCOOP? OUR OFFENSE CONSISTS OF STANDING AROUND AGAINST THE ZONE.

7. DURING A BAD GAME WHERE UR PG IS PLAYING LIKE AND YOU CAN'T SCORE, YOU MUST GIVE THE BEST POINT GUARD ON THE TEAM A CHANCE TO GET SOME OFFENSE GOING. WHERE WAS MCW DURING THE SECOND HALF? SCOOPS CONFIDENCE COULD BE OF MINIMAL IMPORTANCE IF WE USED THE TOOLS ON THIS TEAM.

8. WHERE WAS OUR PRESS EARLY ON? WHERE WAS MCW AND DION EARLY IN THE SECOND HALF FOR FULL COURT PRESS. WHERE WERE THE ADJUSTMENTS FOR SPACING IN THE PRESS. YOU NEED TO MAKE CHANGES... THEY HAD THE SPACING PERFECT AGAINST OUR PRESS SO U ADD A WRINKLE RIGHT?

I believe JB did a horrendous job last night! But, I also believe he coached the game to get them ready for the big dance and he was not worried if that cost us the cinny game. Even so, there sure were a few head scratcher decisions!

Um did you watch the last 25 minutes? Looks like he coached pretty hard then. Play also looked much better.

Unfortunately it reminded me of the disaster that was Rick Jackson as a point forward vs Butler. Worse decision in JB's career imo. He overthought it & never changed it! I hope we show a little more poise from coaching to senior leadership going forward.

You do realize that Arinze was hurt right and Dashonte was not going to contribute? worst coaching decision in his career?

Wow.:oops:

All due respect, but I think you are among the group that is thinking too much.

You do realize that Arinze was hurt right and Dashonte was not going to contribute? worst coaching decision in his career?

Wow.:oops:

Not sure if this is his point, but I (and more than a few others) thought Boeheim screwed up by flip-flopping Rick and Wes on the high-low in the Butler game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom