bad shooting plus bad turnovers plus bad officiating | Syracusefan.com

bad shooting plus bad turnovers plus bad officiating

upperdeck

Living Legend
is a recipe for a loss, and somehow still had a 1 possession game late.. honestly how on official could call a T after that play no matter what a player says is beyond me. If howard gets in his face thats one thing, but anything else you need to control your emotions as much as the player. Howard spent half the game on the floor , GT grabbed guys all night and then Marek makes a diving play on the ball and suddenly its a foul you the 3-4 times GT did it no call..

Surprised JB managed to not let one rip with all the blown calls, but he knew it was gonna be a tight game too.

The officiating was absolutely miserable tonight. It was bad for both. What I really want to know is why is it our guys never recognize when the refs are allowing muggings all over and react accordingly?

I think we are too damn soft lately.

is a recipe for a loss, and somehow still had a 1 possession game late.. honestly how on official could call a T after that play no matter what a player says is beyond me. If howard gets in his face thats one thing, but anything else you need to control your emotions as much as the player. Howard spent half the game on the floor , GT grabbed guys all night and then Marek makes a diving play on the ball and suddenly its a foul you the 3-4 times GT did it no call..

Surprised JB managed to not let one rip with all the blown calls, but he knew it was gonna be a tight game too.
Who knows what he said. Keep your mouth shut your not trae young.

It would've been something if we had cut the lead late after Tyus CLEARLY kicked that ball out of bounds just inside half court. Not sure how the refs could review that & still award us the ball.

Too little movement without the ball. Brissett still shooting off-balance shots...even when he does not have to. Howard not passing enough and makes goofy mistakes (dribble ball off foot near the end) as a result of him trying to do too much himself. Battle trying to do it all himself and it didn't pay off. Needs to pass more when they have him covered well.

Didn't Howard touch the ref? Automatic t if so

Didn't look like it from the replay, but I wasn't specifically paying attention to that. Looked like Howard popped off as he approached the ref, who then T'd him up.

So let me get this straight: doing a chin-up on the rim after a dunk isn't a technical these days, but Frank earned an instant T for complaining after another game of terrible one-sided calls? Seems fair.

SU's not doing itself any favors with its awful offense, but the officiating is so bad it seems like they're trying to miss calls. No matter the height disparity between two players, when an offensive guy takes a forearm to shove the defender out of the way to create space, that's a foul. No matter how rough the game is, when a player dives to take out a guy's legs when there's a loose ball, that's a foul. What an ugly sport.

So let me get this straight: doing a chin-up on the rim after a dunk isn't a technical these days, but Frank earned an instant T for complaining after another game of terrible one-sided calls? Seems fair.

SU's not doing itself any favors with its awful offense, but the officiating is so bad it seems like they're trying to miss calls. No matter the height disparity between two players, when an offensive guy takes a forearm to shove the defender out of the way to create space, that's a foul. No matter how rough the game is, when a player dives to take out a guy's legs when there's a loose ball, that's a foul. What an ugly sport.

I think he got away with that because he looked down and saw traffic. Refs are usually lenient with that if there's clutter near the basket to avoid injury. Refs are bad in college basketball though so tomorrow that same dunk is a technical and the day after the kid will be ejected so who knows lol

it's tough. I can understand why the other 3 guys stand around because they're not going to see the ball. Tyus is a chucker. Frank i don't think wants to be a chucker but he's not really doing anything to try and run an offense either. Tyus has the green light to just shoot whenever, good shot bad shot it just doesn't matter. It's MeShaun Williams status at this point.

I wish Brissett would work inside out, and start posting up. Get the ball down low for a 5 foot turnaround. Or maybe he could set the high screens instead of the center. And then be more of a triple threat option.

So yeah, Chukwu, Moyer, Dol, and Brisset aren't big offensive threats and obviously aren't going to knock down perimeter shots but the two guards aren't even trying to run an offense and get them the ball in good scoring positions. When you just focus in on Brisset and/or Moyer/Dolj, they don't even know what theyre supposed to be doing on offense. They have no idea what their roles are, where to go or what to do. Theyre not even sure when to set the high ball screen. So they all just stand around and watch Tyus &Frank dribble and then crash the boards for the inevitable brick to follow.

Oh and I'm officially tired of seeing Battle flail all over the place and whine everytime he gets stripped. fact is he's just a careless shtty ball handler.

Officiating in college basketball is terrible. You need to move on from expecting them to get every call right. It's frustrating sure, but not even in my thoughts of why we lost last night

That's pretty much where I'm at. Yes there are missed calls - for both sides, believe it or not. But when we struggle to break 50, I don't have the energy to complain about it.

I thought the quality was going to go up, moving to the ACC. Yes, an ugly sport.

Howard has been chirping at refs all season long - it was bound to catch up with him. Hoping this puts an end to that nonsense.

At no point did I feel we were going to win that game. Had zero to do with officiating.

I took us almost 3.5 minutes to score a friggin point. 100% agree