Bahamas and Kentucky | Syracusefan.com

Bahamas and Kentucky

Boosters made up the difference, theres a link below that goes over more detail

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...dollars-face-national-teams-bahamas/21806935/

"UK offset some costs by providing flights, lodging and tickets for 57 UK boosters who donated $6,000 apiece, contributing a total of $347,047.30. UK also received $17,962.28 in ticket revenue. Even with those adjustments, the final expenses were $431,836.10, nearly three times more than North Carolina's entire trip."

This imo was the funniest part of the article:

"In addition to paying for its opponents, it was clear UK spared few expenses on its own end. Peevy told The Courier-Journal that Calipari's $1,550-per-night suite at the Atlantis, which totaled $12,400 for the eight-night stay, was booked partly so team meetings could be held there. Peevy said that if Calipari had a regular room, UK would have had to rent out an additional meeting space at added cost."

The logic used doesnt even pass the laugh test.

this is the funniest part:

'"I needed professional-level teams," Wildcats coach John Calipari said this season. "I needed men. I needed experienced, physical guys that knew how to play. That's what this team needed, which is different. That's why most teams don't do what we've just done."

How does he even get the galls to say something like "thats what this team needed, which is different" when comparing to NORTH CAROLINA!

'"I needed professional-level teams," Wildcats coach John Calipari said this season. "I needed men. I needed experienced, physical guys that knew how to play. That's what this team needed, which is different. That's why most teams don't do what we've just done."

How does he even get the galls to say something like "thats what this team needed, which is different" when comparing to NORTH CAROLINA!
Yup classic Cal, he gets his recruiting ability mixed up with his coaching ability on a daily basis imo

Not to mention he loves to laugh at the ncaa on a daily basis

someone should remind him that Roy still has more rings than him

Yup classic Cal, he gets his recruiting ability mixed up with his coaching ability on a daily basis imo

Not to mention he loves to laugh at the ncaa on a daily basis

Yeah, he's a horrible coach.

Paying $6000 to send your team to the Bahamas for practice games? Now that's insanity. If I could give that kind of money to SU, I would - but sure as heck not for something like that.

Paying $6000 to send your team to the Bahamas for practice games? Now that's insanity. If I could give that kind of money to SU, I would - but sure as heck not for something like that.

I think they went on the trip as well.

To Kentucky's credit, no one associated with the school has been quoted as saying they couldn't afford to players, or would have to cut sports, like many others...but this spending in excess just shows it's beyond time for a small slice to end up with the players (legally).

I'm still waiting to see what the boosters pay out for the recruits salaries and how they keep it up under the cap.

A more positive way to look at it, Calipari has found a neat way to funnel some of the massive amounts of money his kids generate, back into their pockets - within NCAA rules. Clever.

A more positive way to look at it, Calipari has found a neat way to funnel some of the massive amounts of money his kids generate, back into their pockets - within NCAA rules. Clever.

If he can't make them millionaires within the rules, he can allow them to go on vacation like millionaires within the rules. You have to hand it to him and Calhoun, they constantly find ways to play outside of the spirit of the rules, while seemingly staying within the letter of the law.

This imo was the funniest part of the article:

"In addition to paying for its opponents, it was clear UK spared few expenses on its own end. Peevy told The Courier-Journal that Calipari's $1,550-per-night suite at the Atlantis, which totaled $12,400 for the eight-night stay, was booked partly so team meetings could be held there. Peevy said that if Calipari had a regular room, UK would have had to rent out an additional meeting space at added cost."

The logic used doesnt even pass the laugh test.

A normal room in the nicer parts of Atlantis will run you $600 anyway during peak season. Sometimes more. I'm sure that weekend is a very very busy time for the hotel. So the $1550 is not so crazy...that's probably not even that nice a suite

Don't worry the brain trust at the NCAA is on top of this.