Barcodes: How Bad & Biased? | Syracusefan.com

Barcodes: How Bad & Biased?

kingtidge

All American
We'll see with the L'ville v. UNC match precursor...

How is the refereeing going to be??

Hoping our game is at least competitive and fun to watch.

ACC zebras can ruin a game tho (as we know), and I'm sure they'll be doing whatever they can to ensure an all-Tobacco Road final.

If we put up a fight, I am expecting some real horrendous biased officiating to tip the scales.

Plus Dook really needing some wins to help them get a # 1 seed secured for the big tourney.

Greensboro mafia will have put their marker down with these crews.

Well the game hasn’t started but it’s the worst officiating I’ve ever seen excluding Ohio state 2012. Disgraceful.

The maddening part is the better and more competitive you play, the more absolute garbage they will call.

And there really is no shame in how bad some of the calls have been in past games (or no-calls)

Blatant.

I hope we see some good anticipation whistles too...

...When the ref already knows what he's going to call before it happens and blows the whistle before the contact.

Those are the BEST.

Last edited:
I love this thread. I was just about to start one like this myself. I'm expecting nothing but Blue bias from the striped shirts tonight. I rarely say anything about the officiating, but that's just the way I feel going into tonight's game.

I said it last night in the game thread - there will be one Duke player who drives to the hoop much like Chukwu did last night and get away with it. It will probably be Marek who gets called for the blocking foul too

DeLaurier will intentionally elbow all 5 SU starters in the head for no calls... the refs gather to discuss whether they should video review per NCAA rules... “nah.” Play on!

Ref just threw a flag on Braswell for illegal hands to the face.

Smh

If the first game is any indication- they are calling it fairly even so far

Umm... Seems to be a lot of hand checking going on... Hackathon.