Barry Switzer and now a reporter say that all PSU coaches | Syracusefan.com

Barry Switzer and now a reporter say that all PSU coaches

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
had to have known as close as coaches are. Very much agree with that. So how far back does this go? If it goes back far enough, which seems like it is at least 1994, that calls out a lot of coaches.

And a guy who has been there 30 years is coaching the team this week.

had to have known as close as coaches are. Very much agree with that. So how far back does this go? If it goes back far enough, which seems like it is at least 1994, that calls out a lot of coaches.

And he is most definately someone who would know all about cheating.

He is the principal you would never want to have in high school. He knows every possible trick in the book.

I agree with Switzer... The knowledge of these atrocious acts was far more wide reaching then is currently reported... I have no doubt

I'm sure many people have muttered "keep an eye on your kids" or "keep them away from" in reference to the dirtbag

If EVERYONE on that staff knew or the vast majority of that staff knew and sat on it for a decade or so and did nothing, let Sandusky hold football camps on campus, let him bring little kids to closed practices, then at some point the NCAA needs to step in and at the least shut down that football program for at least 1 year. At least 1 year if not more.

The NCAA has stayed out of this because its a criminal matter and not an NCAA matter, but if an entire program and all its coaches with knowledge of what Sandusy did and they sat on this knowledge for a decade and did nothing and allowed this Sandusky character around its program for a decade with a free hall pass, then the NCAA has every right to step in. And Penn St firing everyone NOW, after the fact isnt' good enough. That is death penalty type stuff. For at the very least 1 year.

I'm worried that the NCAA will go easy on them because what the staff did was a moral shortcoming, not criminal in nature. The NCAA is all over the place with their sanctions.

Switzer is pond scum and was probably chompin at the bit to be able to put a dagger into paterno who always had the I did everything right image.

Switzer is not the one I would like to hear this from based on his body of work...on the other hand; it is interesting and probably true what he is saying. If i was a former coach, I would be in the face of the FEDS offering anything and all that I "can remeber" hearing etc and looking for a "deal"...as this is going to be real messy if anyone lets the truth come out...even the PA Gov seems a bit shy about this case since he cannot speak to it when he was AG or now...this case goes back at least 15+ years...lots of tainted people out there...some probably did even less than JOEPA...and he has his balls hanging in space

That's a good read. Everyone knew. That's why it's not just a Sandusky or Paterno or Curley or etc thing. It is a PSU institution issue and likely a community issue too. Cops, pols, etc. They all had knowledge at some point during the 2 decades.
Hopefully they will have a great system in place that will allow the truth to be told. This could reach many levels.

I am hearing rumors that the BOT has been aware of the situation for at least 3 or 4 years. It would make sense that they were tipped off at the time the Grand Jury investigation was first commenced (if not earlier from internal sources). In some ways that suggests they didn't see any reason to truly address the situation until it became public and action was necessary to reverse the tide of truly awful PR. It would be one thing for them to act in that manner if they knew the danger had been neutralized e.g. Sandusky was in custody or was dead, but given he still had free reign of their campus their inaction seems a little....well a lot, negligent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom