Baseball like it oughta be | Syracusefan.com

Baseball like it oughta be

SWC75

Bored Historian
The Cardinals win 8-0 while the Braves lose in 13 innings. The Cardinals overcame an 8 1/2 game deficit to win the Wild Card.

The Red Sox have a 3-2 lead with nobody out and the Orioles down to their last strike and lose with Papelbon on the mound. The Rays overcome a 0-7 deficit to win 8-7 in the 12th inning on a walk-off home run three minutes after the Red Sox game ends. The Rays overcame a 9 game deficit to win the AL wild card. If you see a Red Sox fan, be nice to him.

I’ll root for whoever hasn’t won it or whoever has waited the longest time to win it:
AL: The Rangers and Rays have never won it but the Rangers have been waiting since 1961, (1972 in their present location), while the Rays have only been waiting since 1998. The Tigers last won in 1984 and the city could use a title. The Yankees won it in 2009 and 26 other times.
NL: The Brewers have never won it. The Diamondbacks won it in 2001. A series between them and the Rays would pit two teams that came in together in 1998. The Cardinals won it in 2006 and the Phillies in 2008.

So I’ll root for the Rangers and the Brewers - and get the Yankees and the Phillies instead.

Damn, SWC...you pulled out the '86 Mets anthem???? Priceless.

Yes, I'll always celebrate a Boston choke- and as of today, I want the rays to take it all!

Oh, and lest I forget...Boston SUX!!!!:cool:

Damn, SWC...you pulled out the '86 Mets anthem???? Priceless.

Yes, I'll always celebrate a Boston choke- and as of today, I want the rays to take it all!

Oh, and lest I forget...Boston SUX!!!!:cool:

I'm hoping the Braves 8 1/2 game collapse and ther Red Sox 9 game collapse will erase or at elast blurr a little bit the Met's 7 game collpase back in 2007.

"The Diamondbacks won it in 2001. A series between them and the Rays would pit two teams that came in together in 1998."

It would also pit big brother against little brother...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom