Basketball: A Love Story | Syracusefan.com

Basketball: A Love Story

realorange

Living Legend
Take the time to watch Basketball: A Love Story on ESPN.

While it may not be epic in content, there are several conversations with Hall of Fame and soon to be Hall of Fame players.
It's interesting to hear what stars of 40 years or more ago thought of each other. How Bill Russell played Wilt Chamberlain and many other pieces including Dolph Schayes.

This will help younger members of the board better understand why some of us older guys love to talk about the talent of the early NBA and ABA days.

Lets see, when I was a kid there was:
NY Knicks
Syracuse Nationals
Cincinnati (Rochester) Royals
Ft Wayne Pistons
Boston Celtics
Philadelphia Warriors
St Louis Hawks
Minneapolis Lakers

Geez I'm old!

NY Knicks
Syracuse Nationals
Ft Wayne Pistons
Boston Celtics
Philadelphia Warriors
St Louis Hawks
Minneapolis Lakers

Geez I'm old!

Yep. My Dad would take me to Friday night doubleheaders at Convention Hall. The hated Celtics were usually in the first game, Warriors in the nightcap. Saw half of the NBA in one night.

Am I the only one who wanted the Celtics opponent to win after Red Auerbach lit his cigar?

The Nats used to hold a practice at the Utica Memorial Auditorium as well as an NBA doubleheader. Great times. Saw with Jerry West and the Big O in their rookie years. Elgin Baylor, Jack Twyman, Wayne Embry, Hot Rod Hundley. Very lucky to have seen them.

The Nats used to hold a practice at the Utica Memorial Auditorium as well as an NBA doubleheader. Great times. Saw with Jerry West and the Big O in their rookie years. Elgin Baylor, Jack Twyman, Wayne Embry, Hot Rod Hundley. Very lucky to have seen them.

The Pat Riley days?

saw all those greats from the .50 seats on the war memorial stage

NY Knicks
Syracuse Nationals
Ft Wayne Pistons
Boston Celtics
Philadelphia Warriors
St Louis Hawks
Minneapolis Lakers

Geez I'm old!
right behind you. for me the only change was la lakers with elgin and detroit pistons i believe baltimore had a team in there somewhere later on

right behind you. for me the only change was la lakers with elgin and detroit pistons i believe baltimore had a team in there somewhere later on
Baltimore Bullets 1963- 1973.