Basketball chat with Mike Waters at 8 pm tonight | Syracusefan.com

Basketball chat with Mike Waters at 8 pm tonight

cto

Administrator
After it was suggested by several posters, Mike has graciously agreed to join us in a chat room at 8 p.m. on Monday, 11/17.

As we know from past chats with Mike, he is very knowledgable about the team (he attends practice several days a week) and also very knowledgable about the ACC (he's graduate of UNC). He has covered SU basketball for the Post Standard and syracuse.com for many years.

Put it on your calendar and join Mike for what we are sure will be an interesting chat.

Last edited:
Thank you, Joyce! I hope to remember this and will put it on my calendar right now after I get done doing a few more things.

Uh oh.

After it was suggested by several posters, Mike has graciously agreed to join us in a chat room at 8 p.m. on Monday, 11/17.

As we know from past chats with Mike, he is very knowledgable about the team (he attends practice several days a week) and also very knowledgable about the ACC (he's graduate of UNC). He has covered SU basketball for the Post Standard and syracuse.com for many years.

Put it on your calendar and join Mike for what we are sure will be an interesting chat.
The guys a bore. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The chat was AWESOME. Great information / insights from Mike Waters, and some really good discussion questions tossed out by the forum across a variety of topics.

Thank you very much to Mike for agreeing to take an hour out of his undoubtedly busy schedule to participate. I highly recommend future chats--it was great!

Someone must have the recap for those of us who where reading to our wonderful children before putting them to bed lovingly. . . . . . . . . . . . . OK there was some minor voice raising and my kids can be vicious but I was preoccupied going through the long process that is bedtime while this chat went on.

So a recap would be greatly appreciated.

My reason may not seem as compelling(watching Guardians of the Galaxy around that time), but I also would be interested in a transcript.

How forthcoming was the subject with his answers?

To all the folks who request chat transcripts: We hardly ever post transcripts because people frequently say things in chats that they don't want circulated among a larger group of people It's easy to control who is in a chat room (you have to be a registered user). There is no way to control who can read this board.

I also missed the chat room on Monday night (after setting it up!)... and even I have not seen a transcript.

To all the folks who request chat transcripts: We hardly ever post transcripts because people frequently say things in chats that they don't want circulated among a larger group of people It's easy to control who is in a chat room (you have to be a registered user). There is no way to control who can read this board.

I also missed the chat room on Monday night (after setting it up!)... and even I have not seen a transcript.

Is there no way to log into the chat and simply read it? I mean it has to be somewhere right? I'm sure you have clearance but I would respectfully request preapproval as well if its possible. :)

Is there no way to log into the chat and simply read it? I mean it has to be somewhere right? I'm sure you have clearance but I would respectfully request preapproval as well if its possible. :)

Do it for America

apparently there are secrets that were uncovered in the chat session that are very important to our national security. Revealing that transcript could put us all in jeopardy of being overtaken by the communist. For the love of god man please don't press this issue...sorry I couldn't resist. Borrowing a line from one of my favorite comedies "Lighten up Francis" or admins in this case. I am pretty sure the last story a post standard writer broke was Dewey Defeats Truman but those that are interested I feel should be able to read it if it is available.

Last edited:
If a person were to think about it... The possibility exists that someone who isn't really beholden to anyone got in there and to the shock and awe of all in the chat, asked the guest about the investigation, and to the shock and awe of all in the chat, the guy actually said something. Although it would have obviously been the highlight of the night, cooler heads may have decided it was best to keep what was shared to themselves, and teach those who came up with contrived tales of hardship as their excuse to shun the chat, that next time they need to try a little harder. I'm not going to claim I was given this information from a mole from the payside. I prefer badgers to moles.