Battle for foul shooting supremacy | Syracusefan.com

Battle for foul shooting supremacy

The key is - Battle & OSB take the VAST majority of our FT’s, and both are very good from the line, nearly 85% & 79% respectively, on a BIGLY volume of attempts.

Frank & Marek are both just shy of 72% now. Solid.
PC has improved from 0-infinity to start the season, up to 64% now.
(I’d venture to guess its 70%+ since he fixed his early season woes)

It’s really only Moyer & Dib who are masons, and both only average just over one FT attempt/game, so as long as that doesn’t increase dramatically, we should keep hitting FT’s at a solid clip.

Which are words that I as a Syracuse fan for nearly 3 1/2 decades never thought I’d hear myself say.
But here we are. :cool:

What would last year have been without Gillon?

Agree with others that amazing the FT shooting is a strength for us now. Seriously, if we had to stress about FT shooting this year in addition to everything else, it may have put me on blood pressure meds

PC has improved from 0-infinity to start the season, up to 64% now.
(I’d venture to guess its 70%+ since he fixed his early season woes)
Chukwu is 67.7% in conference play, including the postseason he's at 68.8%. On the season, he's 0.01% behind Fab Melo (RIP) for the best recent season by an SU C.

Otis Hill, Forth, Reafsnyder, and Etan Thomas run the rest of the top-10 since 92-93.

Chukwu is 67.7% in conference play, including the postseason he's at 68.8%. On the season, he's 0.01% behind Fab Melo (RIP) for the best recent season by an SU C.

Otis Hill, Forth, Reafsnyder, and Etan Thomas run the rest of the top-10 since 92-93.

Now that is a funny stat. When I think of good free-throw shooting centers, Etan Thomas is not somebody who comes to mind. But he did, apparently, improve to mediocre as a senior. And a lot of other centers never approached that.

ahem...

Rak says hi! ;)

71% as a Sr. On a pretty high volume of attempts - 136/191.
73% as a Jr.

68% career - which includes his first 2 years of 57%.

Your data source is faulty. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom