Battle sequence | Syracusefan.com

Battle sequence

AlaskaSU

Build a dorm, burn the locker rm. upgrade the dome
How come JB did not immediately pull Battle after the crash? I hope that the awkward sequence that followed did not exacerbate his injuries. There is a time for walking it off and there is a time for giving it a rest. Walking it off is not always advisable, but it seems to be JB's preference. I've seem similar sequences when JB kept the injured player in play. No doubt that JB has a ton of experience in these matters but it sure looked as if Battle should have been pulled immediately.

Also many times sitting causes more stiffness and playing keeps it loosened up. It was JB who motioned the trainer to go see him onto the court after he fell.

That was frustrating me. I get keeping him in to see if he could get loose, but his pain was obvious after 1 trip uip and down court. And each minute that passed it looked worse and worse. I hope more damage wasn't done

Often in hoops, as in life, you're better off just "walking it off".

This turned out to be not one of those times.

Let's hope it's just a bruise or strain, and nothing more serious.

I was late for a Nordic ski race so I ran out my front door with hard plastic soled racing flats and went flying down my snowy front staircase on my back. Pain was intense. I paced around and then got into my car. When I got to where I thought the race was to start, at the lower chairlift, I found out that the start was moved t0 a higher elevation, at the base of another chairlift. I ran as best I could up a sizable slope, the length of a medium chair lift, and I arrived just as the gun sounded. I did the race. Years later, XRays show arthritis where I hit my spine and I can only bend enough to touch my hands just below my knees. To answer your question, some of us have gotten hurt in sports activities, and tried to walk it off, and learned that it can be the wrong decision with long-term consequences. These are judgment decisions that are subject to questioning. Sometimes a kid should not be the final say when it comes to injuries. With adrenalin is pumping, if a kid can get to his feet, he will ask to stay in the game. Sometimes it is better to be cautious. In my judgment, the Battle injury merited caution. However, I recognize that JB is in a better position to decide than any of us, with the exception of medical personnel.

Do we know what the injury was? Looked like a bad bruise. If that was the case, then playing wouldn't make it worse. You can make muscle strains or pulls worse by playing on them but a bruise is a bruise.

How come JB did not immediately pull Battle after the crash? I hope that the awkward sequence that followed did not exacerbate his injuries. There is a time for walking it off and there is a time for giving it a rest. Walking it off is not always advisable, but it seems to be JB's preference. I've seem similar sequences when JB kept the injured player in play. No doubt that JB has a ton of experience in these matters but it sure looked as if Battle should have been pulled immediately.

i don't think it matters that much. It's going to take 2 weeks to heal.

Yougins heal quicker but a back injury is a whole different ball game.

Team might want to work on their close outs...leaving your feet on the perimeter there is a no no.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom