Battle will regret decommitting from Michigan? | Syracusefan.com

Battle will regret decommitting from Michigan?

Caboose

Scout Team
I really feel that Battle came back to get one more crack at the dance. I feel like he wants that experience at least once. I will be very saddened for his sake if we don't get in tonight. I wonder if he sometimes regrets not sticking with Michigan when you consider they were the better performing program during his current two-year stint.

This kid has a fire in him that yearns to get to the next level, however, I really feel that he won't leave if this team doesn't make the dance. If he stays, yes he loses one year of money-making basketball, but I also feel he knows the lack of love he's getting from NBA scouts right now. He'll test the waters for sure, but I have this sense that he wants to make a splash in at least one dance first.

I really feel that Battle came back to get one more crack at the dance. I feel like he wants that experience at least once. I will be very saddened for his sake if we don't get in tonight. I wonder if he sometimes regrets not sticking with Michigan when you consider they were the better performing program during his current two-year stint.

This kid has a fire in him that yearns to get to the next level, however, I really feel that he won't leave if this team doesn't make the dance. If he stays, yes he loses one year of money-making basketball, but I also feel he knows the lack of love he's getting from NBA scouts right now. He'll test the waters for sure, but I have this sense that he wants to make a splash in at least one dance first.
Thanks for this post. Just what i needed about right now. Want to throw in if you wonder if Hop regrets not bolting years ago?

I disagree because I don’t think he would be a lottery pick had he gone there. He probably will look back on playing in front of 25k-30k with family there very fondly. Most of these kids don’t have a rear view mirror

“Came back for one more crack at the dance”...he’s only a sophomore that averaged 11 ppg as a freshman. Not like he was some accomplished superstar who had been here for years.

I don’t think he really had much of a choice last
spring.

Thanks for this post. Just what i needed about right now. Want to throw in if you wonder if Hop regrets not bolting years ago?
We should pin this post for when Boeheim retires and the why wouldn’t Hop want to come back here thread

That's why many of us felt bad for xmas. He was with us 4 years and had a great senior campaign to only find himself watching the tourney on tv. I love Battle, but I don't feel necessarily any worse for him than anyone else.

Thinking a bit more about this, I actually feel worse for myself. I requested time off Thurs and Fri. If 'Cuse ain't playing then I can at least play golf but I just have a feeling that the bball gods might make it rain those two days to stick it to me further. So... enough feeling bad for others. Feel bad for me if we don't make it!

I get sentimental sometimes. I'm discombobulated right now. A mix of fear and excitement as 6 pm nears. At least UConn is a dumpster fire though.

Thinking a bit more about this, I actually feel worse for myself. I requested time off Thurs and Fri. If 'Cuse ain't playing then I can at least play golf but I just have a feeling that the bball gods might make it rain those two days to stick it to me further. So... enough feeling bad for others. Feel bad for me if we don't make it!
Let's hope for the best

“Came back for one more crack at the dance”...he’s only a sophomore that averaged 11 ppg as a freshman. Not like he was some accomplished superstar who had been here for years.

I don’t think he really had much of a choice last
spring.

Don't think he was ever a threat to leave but he averaged 17 ppg over his last 7 games and was the key to us beating UVA and Duke.

Battle is legit. Not sure why a handful of people on here consistently deny that.

That's why many of us felt bad for xmas. He was with us 4 years and had a great senior campaign to only find himself watching the tourney on tv. I love Battle, but I don't feel necessarily any worse for him than anyone else.
Rak got screwed his final year. But he did go to the Final 4 and Elite 8.

Rak went to a final four.

Don't think he was ever a threat to leave but he averaged 17 ppg over his last 7 games and was the key to us beating UVA and Duke.

Battle is legit. Not sure why a handful of people on here consistently deny that.

I know.

Not sure where you got that from what I said though.

He averaged 11 ppg for the season and wasn’t exactly a blue chip NBA prospect. “Coming back for one more crack at the dance” doesn’t seem like a real accurate way to put things.

Tyus Battle isn't any better at Michigan. They have some serious players there and there's no guarantee he gets a platform to audition for the NBA there.

I don't think players like him pick schools for titles. They pick schools as a business decision and if a tourney run happens, even better.

We didn't do him any favors with two players constantly clogging the lane but he had help in FH and OB and needed to become a better shooter to improve his stock. He didn't. He struggled at times because of that.

I won't blame him for not making others better because 2/5 of the players on the court could barely catch a pass.

He has better players at Michigan but competition for playing time/shots vs not much help but playing time/shots. Probably a wash. He is what he is, a fringe draft pick.

Not denying that at all. He has been great over the last month. I do want to clarify that if he were a first round guarantee I wouldn't be saying anything about regrets. I'm saying if he has worst case scenario either not projected to get drafted or he's a second rounder, AND Cuse doesn't make the dance... Etc etc.. I just feel that there's a very good chance he comes back mainly to at least experience the dance once if he isn't projected in the first round.

Tyus Battle isn't any better at Michigan. They have some serious players there and there's no guarantee he gets a platform to audition for the NBA there.

I don't think players like him pick schools for titles. They pick schools as a business decision and if a tourney run happens, even better.

We didn't do him any favors with two players constantly clogging the lane but he had help in FH and OB and needed to become a better shooter to improve his stock. He didn't. He struggled at times because of that.

I won't blame him for not making others better because 2/5 of the players on the court could barely catch a pass.

He has better players at Michigan but competition for playing time vs not much help but playing time. Probably a wash. He is what he is, a fringe draft pick.
True, I agree w that, but from what I understand and remember, the decision to commit there was made on impulse, and he decommitted so his dad could make the trip to his games here.

Huh? My comments about Battle have been like 99.9% positive for 2 years.

And this one above was not critical whatsoever.

Sorry maybe I have the wrong person. I'm delirious with joy. Deleted my friend

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom