battle | Syracusefan.com

battle

he has to put up 25+ to give us a legit shot tonite. he needs to be the best player on the court, or very close to it.
Everybody on this team has had at least one game where they played over their head. Maybe tonight it'll be someone we least expect. Maybe Matt Moyer does a Roberson and has the game of his life.

Everybody on this team has had at least one game where they played over their head. Maybe tonight it'll be someone we least expect. Maybe Matt Moyer does a Roberson and has the game of his life.
oshae said that’s his plan to attack and be super aggressive unlike last meeting. He could get bagley in foul trouble the way he barrels in there

he has to put up 25+ to give us a legit shot tonite. he needs to be the best player on the court, or very close to it.
He doesn't necessarily get 25, but the big three need to get at least 50 for us to have a chance.

obv hope we win the game, but if we lose hope it at least serves as a final showcase for him to get drafted in round 1

Unfortunately, neither came true.

I thought Battle played really well. One of his better overall games. The missed FT at the end was the only real blemish.

Anytime you lose a close game you can always point to a bunch of individual plays that we messed up.

Big picture wise though? I think we win if Marek doesn’t sit with 3 fouls for the last 8 minutes of the half. I thought we outplayed them and looked like the slightly better team last night when Marek was on the court.

The thing about Battle and the draft is that few draftniks can ever predict the foreign players. Those guys reduce the number of draft slots. Did anybody have Porzingas and Frank Nkilina on mock boards when the Knicks got them? There are foreign players we never heard of who are going to get taken.

The thing about Battle and the draft is that few draftniks can ever predict the foreign players. Those guys reduce the number of draft slots. Did anybody have Porzingas and Frank Nkilina on mock boards when the Knicks got them? There are foreign players we never heard of who are going to get taken.
Not only the foreign guys they bring in, but (towards the end of the first round and into the second) there are the draft-and-stashes too -- guys that take up spots but are left in Europe to develop. Looking at the mocks, there are LOTS of SG's in this year's pool. I wish Tyus luck as he works out for the scouts at the combine and explores his NBA options. Nice young man and a great ambassador for the program. If he doesn't get a promise, IMHO coming back for one more year is a much better option than the G-League bus tour.

I think at the end of the day, Battle and his people are going to look at the lansdscape, his skill set, and realize that his low 1st round projection is not going to grow enough to make staying worth it.

Oshae, in contrast, I think can grow enough with 1 more year to stick around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom