Battle's Foot | Syracusefan.com

Battle's Foot

pearl31

in cahoots
didn't he have foot issues in high school? something we should be concerned with?

didn't he have foot issues in high school? something we should be concerned with?

Was talking to my dad about the same thing this morning

Definitely disconcerting--foot injuries have a way of lingering.

iommi (or anyone else who followed him in HS) what's your take on this?

Yes, he had foot injuries in high school, including a major one that sidelined him for roughly 3/4 of his junior year. When he signed, I said it was a concern. I have no idea if the current issue is related. He was injury-prone in high school, also had a wrist issue.

I'm very concerned with him in general. I'm not going off of Saturday when he was not 100% after missing practice for a week, he just looks to lack confidence. I think he's clearly facing the typical freshman conundrum of being a bit caught off guard by the speed and athleticism at this level.

I still think he will be a good player in this program, but he might not be a star. He's shown flashes but JB said, "he's as good as any freshman in the country" or something very close to that, in the preseason. That's not close to true.

I still think he will be a good player in this program, but he might not be a star. He's shown flashes but JB said, "he's as good as any freshman in the country" or something very close to that, in the preseason. That's not close to true.

Definitely a shame if things turn out that way given the hype he had coming in. On another note, JB said many other things about this team that he was WAY off on too, unfortunately. I've never seen him so off base before. Battle being one of the best freshmen this year, Chuckwu being a premier shot blocker, this team being one of his best in many years, etc. Ugh.

Yes, he had foot injuries in high school, including a major one that sidelined him for roughly 3/4 of his junior year. When he signed, I said it was a concern. I have no idea if the current issue is related. He was injury-prone in high school, also had a wrist issue.

I'm very concerned with him in general. I'm not going off of Saturday when he was not 100% after missing practice for a week, he just looks to lack confidence. I think he's clearly facing the typical freshman conundrum of being a bit caught off guard by the speed and athleticism at this level.

Preseason, I believe JB said he would play in the NBA someday, or something to that effect. Unless he was way off on his evaluation of his talent, I have to believe the kid will be a very good player for SU at some point soon. Perhaps he's been a little slow to find his stride and confidence because of all the new and/or inexperienced players JB is trying to integrate into the rotation this season.

Hope this doesn't linger or grow to be even a more serious issue.
As for him not being an immediate superstar, I think everything we saw from him in his recruitment—character, personality—suggests he'll recognize what he needs to do to be successful, and he'll make improvements. That may not come until the offseason, but he's going to be very good.