Baye Moussa Keita practices Monday with basketball team | Syracusefan.com

Baye Moussa Keita practices Monday with basketball team

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
14300153-mmmain.jpg

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...ta_practices_monday_with_basketball_team.html

This is great news but unless there is a real critical need in the BC game, I hope we give him another opportunity to cheer from the bench.

eyes, post: 946883, member: 34"]

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...ta_practices_monday_with_basketball_team.html
Yeah. Me, too. Given our propensity to play down to the level of our opponents, I'm not totally confident that we'll buck this trend and open up a big lead. But, I'd sure like to see this happen to allow more playing time for Roberson and possibly the other sons, as well as some game conditioning for Baye.

Yeah. Me, too. Given our propensity to play down to the level of our opponents, I'm not totally confident that we'll buck this trend and open up a big lead. But, I'd sure like to see this happen to allow more playing time for Roberson and possibly the other sons, as well as some game conditioning for Baye.

To say nothing of timing [even moreso than conditioning, IMO].

sounds like baye has been working out, if he is ready to play, play him. boeheim's big thing over the years has been that if a guy doesn't practice he doesn't play. if baye is practicing, play him and don't think twice.

After seeing him in warm ups on Saturday I hope they don't need to play him Wednesday. He really didn't seem to be moving that great and another couple days of rest and rehab would be better. I really don't think rushing him back is necessary and having him back at 100 is the most important when we will need him the most which is in March.

After seeing him in warm ups on Saturday I hope they don't need to play him Wednesday. He really didn't seem to be moving that great
cuz yeah, he obviously was trying to go all out during a casual shoot around before a game he wasn't going to play in :rolleyes:

Hope we can build a nice lead early on BC and get 15 minutes for TR, no more than 30 each for TE, CJ, and JG and 5 minutes for BK. We will absolutely need Baye on Saturday. The refs will foul out Rock in probably less than 20 minutes on Saturday.

BC is a team that will want to extend our zone, it would be a good game for keita to get some mintes.

cuz yeah, he obviously was trying to go all out during a casual shoot around before a game he wasn't going to play in :rolleyes:
Yea when a person can't walk without limping I'd say throw him in the game a few days later... I'm not a doctor, but usually when walking and jogging doesn't come easy id say that's a problem

Yea when a person can't walk without limping I'd say throw him in the game a few days later... I'm not a doctor, but usually when walking and jogging doesn't come easy id say that's a problem
Which is why JB is gonna play him tomorrow, right?

The fact that the ball is still IN his hands in that shot is the most amazing thing to me.
I know it's just a picture but he must have learned that move from DC2. Why do guys 6'9" and above insist on bringing the ball down that low.

I rarely comment on this stuff because it's impossible to do so halfway intelligently..
Just that the pleading to "not rush ___ back" from injury is always up there with the most asinine of critiques to me.

Not playing Wednesday if him & Doc say he's ready is going to do, what exactly...
Eliminate a significant chance he'll hurt himself worse & be done for the year if he does play?
Assure he's 90% for Duke instead of 60%? 98% for the Tournament instead of 80%?

Ya, I'm just going to assume the staff isn't that stupid & he wouldn't play if the risk were that great.
Maybe he's just ready to play when he's ready to play & not arbitrarily just in time for our toughest game when you want him to be.

Last edited:
JB the other day said that SUDOC advised Baye can play when the pain is gone.