Bayor (20) giving Louisville (10) a run for the money | Syracusefan.com

Bayor (20) giving Louisville (10) a run for the money

Flacusian

All Conference
Baylor has come roaring back from down 22 in the first half against Pitino's Cardinals and is down by one with 4:21 left in the 2nd.

Last edited:
Louisville can't shoot. They have length all over the place inside, but they need a forward that can score. King is going to have to work his way into the lineup.
Yup...that is a problem for them. The check, mug, and bump defense wasn't enough to pull this one out. Another team making room for Cuse to move up in the rankings. From what I saw in this game Cuse won't have a problem handling them. There is no way that they can score enough to keep up with the O production we will be seeing from the Orange this season.

But don't they always have some random scrub come off the bench and light us up for a lifetime high?

Yup. They always seem to have the Random White Guy(tm) who becomes a Llvll cult hero by going off on us. :(
Marra and Kuric, to name 2 of fairly recent vintage.

Baylor has come roaring back from down 22 in the first half against Pitino's Cardinals and is down by one with 4:21 left in the 2nd.
ACC suffering some setbacks this week. FSU, Miami, LVille all upset, VTech tied after losing a 17-point lead.

If Louisville can't score with a half court offense, Pitino will go back to full court pressure and let defense (read: turnovers) be the driving engine of the offense. But we have better ball handlers this year, and more good athletes than we've had in a long time. I think we'll be ready for 'em either way.

Baylor is pretty good, what on earth was Scott Drew wearing? That might have been the ugliest shirt I have ever seen.

If Louisville can't score with a half court offense, Pitino will go back to full court pressure and let defense (read: turnovers) be the driving engine of the offense. But we have better ball handlers this year, and more good athletes than we've had in a long time. I think we'll be ready for 'em either way.
Interestingly, they talked during the game that due to the rule changes (hand-checking, freedom of movement, etc.) Pitino said he is going to start recruiting shooters at all positions and go away from relying on pressure defense creating offense.

I caught parts of a few games. Baylor and Texas A&M using their length and playing zone. They both looked pretty good. But it ain't no Cuse zone! I feel like ours is in it's baby stage right now while the team chemistry develops. It's only going to get better. And that's exciting since we are already light years better in transition.

I am bullish on the Baylor Bears upside. Their weird zone is pretty good, and their tall guys score.

I was at the gym casually paying attention to this game on the TV there. Figured it was over at halftime. Can't believe Baylor won. They couldn't grab a rebound and kept turning it over in the first ten minutes. Louisville was ahead 25-5 at the under 12 time out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom