Bball 101 don't let the other team roll it up the court | Syracusefan.com

Bball 101 don't let the other team roll it up the court

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
Nova saved at least 30-45 seconds doing that. Cooney and Joseph basically let them roll it up to the other 3 pt line at least 3-4 times. Un Freekin believable. And what kind of defense was that on the last possession in OT? How in the world do u let anyone shoot it that wide open.

So pissed an huge wasted opportunity.

Yup. Just have one guard apply a little token pressure to make them dribble it up. Absolutely no reason why we can't pull that off.

JB has done this (not picking up the dribbler) his entire career. Drives me nuts. What is it they say about doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result? :D

I hate it too. It is just bad strategy in games like this.

Not a fan of it. But the one time we did somewhat pick up the ball at the end, it took them two seconds to score. It gave Archie a chance to have momentum in his drive and get his shoulders past Cooney, resulting in a collapsing defense and an easy deuce.

WHY! Is there actually any real reason to do so?

If the other team is doing it does it not follow that they feel there is some type of advantage that they believe they are benefiting by doing so?

We are playing AGAINST them. By definition you try to OPPOSE those things that the other team is doing to try to gain advantage over you.

So, why would we not offer some type of resistance so as to not allow them to do what they are doing and which they feel will help them with their objective... that being to win the game and defeat you?

Can someone please give me ONE good reason why we would allow them to do so completely unfettered? Thanks in advance.

Can someone please give me ONE good reason why we would allow them to do so completely unfettered? Thanks in advance.
I've tried not to respond to this thread because I've answered in the two other ones on this topic but you asked. The answer is: you can't vacate a spot in the zone. If one of the guards leaves their spot, you can be pretty sure Nova (of all teams) is going to bury a three from there. Two quick passes, wide open three.

we dont even need to go all the way after the roller just make a feint and they will pick it up

I've tried not to respond to this thread because I've answered in the two other ones on this topic but you asked. The answer is: you can't vacate a spot in the zone. If one of the guards leaves their spot, you can be pretty sure Nova (of all teams) is going to bury a three from there. Two quick passes, wide open three.

No. The inbounder and the receiver causes a 4-3 advantage to the defense when one of the defending guards pushes up. That leaves one offensive perimeter player at the offensive end. The remaining defensive guard slides over to shade the ball side. The weak side base line defender is responsible for covering a weak side three with the middle man sliding to cover the weak side baseline if the pass goes there. No way the receiving guard picks up the ball and makes a three quarter court skip pass for a three. If the zone can't slide to cover a three with a one man advantage then they shouldn't play it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom