BC Meet Up Suggestions | Syracusefan.com

BC Meet Up Suggestions

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
I don't expect to go to BC but wanted to start a thread on some suggested places to park and meet. Tailgating is very hard to do unless you spend a lot of money on parking.

One good option for folks coming from the west. Park at Riverside Station on the Green Line.

Get off in the Cleveland Circle area. City Side Tavern will open up early and host fan groups.

Any other suggestions?

Last edited:
Couple of Things:

-If anyone is flying into Logan or staying around the airport who doesn't feel like dealing with a rideshare or a cab to get to the game, using the T is really easy. The T sucks, but it's really easy to navigate the city this way.
-To get from Logan and points surrounding the airport to BC, all you've gotta do is take the BLUE LINE to Government Center station (right in the heart of downtown), then, change over to the GREEN LINE B TRAIN, which will take you to Boston College station at the end of the line and a stone's throw away from the dung pile that is Alumni Stadium.
-PROS: No Uber or cab required (super cheap, just pick up a Charlie Ticket from the kiosk at the Airport station) CONS: It's the MBTA. Negative star review.
-I concur with Mark. Riverside has an IMMENSE parking lot that is sparsely populated on the weekends. Per the MBTA website, the weekend parking rate is still $3 and you can overnight park. You could take the train from Riverside to Chestnut Hill station and walk to the stadium (15 min walk) or take a cab or rideshare from both Riverside and Chestnut Hill, however, be mindful of how close to game time you call one because the surge pricing (especially with Uber) for BC football games is downright silly. My friend who I met up with for the 2018 game got charged $50 for riding from Watertown to the stadium (next town over).

-Last Drop is another good bar around the BC campus. Not sure if they have a similar deal a la Cityside with opening up on gameday but it's a good place.

-If you want to grab something quick to eat before the game, a few places are good: Pinos and The Circle Pizza for slices and Eagle's Deli, all quick serve counter order type places.

It is unfortunate that BC sucks eggs so bad for tailgating. Football parking passes being almost impossible to come by. I grew up with tons of kids who went to BC and whos parents and grandparents went to BC and those things are coveted. I think it has everything to do with the fact that they squeezed the entire school behind a tiny pond in suburban Massachusetts.

With that said, I will bring my voice and all the orange I can wear. I'm pleased with our discussion about the Thanksgiving weekend BC game, we're just getting started!

What is the deal with Hammond Pond Reservation?

Can you park and tailgate there?

What is the deal with Hammond Pond Reservation?

Can you park and tailgate there?
So to my experience, myself and a lot of folks have parked on the Hammond Pond Parkway before games, a decent street parking location before the game, and walk up to the stadium. Probably like a 15 minute walk but with the scenery with the reservation in the New England fall it’s pretty awesome. Tailgating offsite is doable but also is very annoying. Even parking in a satellite lot that BC runs shuttles to for games, they don’t allow tailgating in those. And to make matters worse, even if you do pay the arm and leg for a parking pass as so many BC fans do, they don’t let you tailgate after the game, they kick everyone out immediately.

BC = No Fun U

Hey everyone, I was just doing some reading on BC’s athletics site, and a good option for satellite parking for the BC game would be to purchase a single game parking pass at the Newton Campus lot.
F710DEC0-95E3-4E06-A05E-BCB6D43143A2.jpeg

Parking cost is pretty comparable to an SU game per car and in conversations with a couple of my BC friends they said that this is a good place to get together before a game, and there is a shuttle bus that takes you to the campus. If you’re interested, I’d suggest buying a parking pass soon instead of waiting, as they mail the parking passes to you and if you wait you might not get one. Just another option for those interested in attending this game!

What is the best way to get tickets? Should I just order through the MyCuse Ticketmaster account? It says tickets are assigned based off Donor rank.

What is the best way to get tickets? Should I just order through the MyCuse Ticketmaster account? It says tickets are assigned based off Donor rank.
Personal choice. The game will not sell out. You can go through SU, BC or secondary market.

I'm thinking about going to this game. My sister lives in Lunenburg (north of Worcester) and have had to go through the areas more than once. I was possibly planning on just getting a hotel at some point north and figuring on an Uber... The Greater Boston Area is not great for any parking period. Some hotels (Hiltons and IHG ones) have outdoor grills/patios and/or kitchens in your room. Best place if your staying for a night as then you can get free use/reign of it period, of course would have to show up before game day... On work travel a few times most were happy to have us sit outside and be happy. Just thought for some future BC tailgate opportunity as if a hotel allows a large group, they might be open to a tailgate there...

Sounds like tailgate is a definitely no go for BC and parking sounds like a major hassle. Does Hammond Park Parkway fill up pretty quick for street parking? Don’t mind the walk at all and would love to support our Orange against BC.

Sounds like tailgate is a definitely no go for BC and parking sounds like a major hassle. Does Hammond Park Parkway fill up pretty quick for street parking? Don’t mind the walk at all and would love to support our Orange against BC.
Hey...I bet if BC has no hope to make a bowl it'll be available. Another option is to park your car at a commuter lot and take the Green Line and get off within a mile of the stadium and do a restaurant/bar.

Be sure to save some "dental floss" for the bowl trip. ;-)

We are on a path to a bowl in Florida at the moment...however San Diego would be kinda cool too.

Well this sucks... I'll see if I can scout some areas for the future tailgates when i'm out that way.