BCS Costs and Revenues | Syracusefan.com

BCS Costs and Revenues

nzm136

All Conference
There has been a lot of talk about revenues and costs, so I thought that I would make sure that everyone uses correct information.

This file has data for every BCS team (2011 numbers) and every team in a conference that producted a BCS team (MWC - TCU). The data consists of total revenue, total costs, football costs, costs minus student aid (because different schools have different tuition and thus different scholarship costs), and total non-football spending (with student aid taken out).

• Revenue measure how valuable an athletic department is to the other teams in its conference.
  • Football spending measures dedication to football (I am not sure if these numbers include scholarships).
  • Spending less student aid measure how committed a school is to its athletics program.
  • Spending less student aid and football spending shows how committed a school is to its basketball programs and/or its olympic sports.
I got all my information from the US Dept. of Education "Equity in Athletics" site. If you notice a typo, please share. This file has changed forms a number of times, so there is a possibility that something got lost in translation.

Here is my source:
http://ope.ed.gov/athletics/

Attachments

• Athletic spending info.pdf
    478.8 KB · Views: 48
*The title of the thread should be "BCS Costs and Revenues"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics