BC's Jairus Hamilton and Chris Herren in the portal | Syracusefan.com

BC's Jairus Hamilton and Chris Herren in the portal

Do ACC rules require transfers from 1 conference school to another sit out an additional year? Therefore if the NCAA give a 1 time pass on their sit rules, internal transfers would still have to sit 1 year.

Do ACC rules require transfers from 1 conference school to another sit out an additional year? Therefore if the NCAA give a 1 time pass on their sit rules, internal transfers would still have to sit 1 year.
Would you really want either of those two?

Would you really want either of those two?
Not saying that at all. Just asking the question. Hey SU took a kid from Duke and he was great. So anything is possible. Did he sit out 2 years? Can't remember.

Looked it up and it seems not.

You're right. Forgot. Getting old.

Still didn't get an answer to my original question.

Well, that new rule hasn't actually even been passed yet, so I guess we'll find out if/when it does.
It's possible nobody knows yet.

I've gotta imagine that no coach wants to see a guy who used to play for him, suited up for a conference foe the very next season.

You're right. Forgot. Getting old.

Still didn't get an answer to my original question.
At one time and I believe that it is still in effect, a player transferring within the ACC would have to sit out 2 years. Mike Gbinije transferred from Duke to Syracuse the year that Syracuse was entering The ACC. He made it to Syracuse right before Syracuse was formally in the ACC. He only had to sit out 1 year Which at that time was in accordance with NCAA rules.

Well, that new rule hasn't actually even been passed yet, so I guess we'll find out if/when it does.
It's possible nobody knows yet.

I've gotta imagine that no coach wants to see a guy who used to play for him, suited up for a conference foe the very next season.
See: Cam Johnson.

Well, that benefitted UNC, so not sure that case applies to anyone else in the ACC, well except Duke.

Yeah, he got the Double Secret Blue Blood Transfer Exception, which only applies to a handful of programs (UNCheat, Dook, UK, KU in hoops; tOSU, Auburn, LSU, Bama and the like in football) -
and ONLY if the player is an INBOUND transfer.

If BC cared about their hoops program they would go Bruce Pearl who is an alum and give him a blank check to comeback to BC.
ACC hoops is the SEC football in college basketball and if the guy cared about his Alma mater he would take the job.

That is about the best shot BC has. They should have targeted Pearl when he was unemployed and they sucked. It’s good for us if Pearl doesn’t go there.

If BC cared about their hoops program they would go Bruce Pearl who is an alum and give him a blank check to comeback to BC.
ACC hoops is the SEC football in college basketball and if the guy cared about his Alma mater he would take the job.

That is about the best shot BC has. They should have targeted Pearl when he was unemployed and they sucked. It’s good for us if Pearl doesn’t go there.
Disagree. BC cares, just not as a win-at-all-costs proposition. Thus, they have not called Bruce Pearl.

He cheated. He lied. And he’s cheating again. He cannot help himself.

corona virus is impacting the decision on the heights. the boosters weren't gonna pay him off. bigger fish to fry than starting a coaching search now.

Bottom of the ACC is very good. Hopefully next year no one stubs their toe inOOC games vs other top conferences so it gets some respect.

Who could they even get?

Disagree. BC cares, just not as a win-at-all-costs proposition. Thus, they have not called Bruce Pearl.

He cheated. He lied. And he’s cheating again. He cannot help himself.

Pearl has a much better job and last 2 seasons had a national title contender that could beat anyone.

They probably couldn’t have even got him from UW Milwaukee when he went to Tennessee and they were still good under skinner. Dude didn’t exactly have to beg for work he got John Griden treatment from ESPN during his show cause and then got an underrated P5 job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom