BE Divisions | Syracusefan.com

BE Divisions

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL

murphsturph Brian Murphy

Current Big East plan. West Division: BoiseSt., SanDiegoSt., Houston, SMU, Louisville. East Division: Cinci, Rutgers, UCF, USF, UConn

This is obviously for scheduling purposes. But two five team divisions doesn't make any sense.

This is obviously for scheduling purposes. But two five team divisions doesn't make any sense.

Has anything the Marionette's ever done on his watch made sense ?

Has anything the Marionette's ever done on his watch made sense ?
Yeah but Rick Pitino thinks he deserves a raise for all the good work he's done.

murphsturph Brian Murphy

Current Big East plan. West Division: BoiseSt., SanDiegoSt., Houston, SMU, Louisville. East Division: Cinci, Rutgers, UCF, USF, UConn
What happened to the 12 team league that was proposed?

Doesnt really make sense to split Cinci and Lville but i suppose lack of choices will do that. Hope L'Ville enjoys those travel bills. UCF might dominate the Eastern division.

All three of Pitt, SU and WVU are not in this :)

It'll make sense when Navy and Air Force come on board.

1 out of 2? Maybe Army can be #12 now. Get the Big "East" back into NYS.

McMurphyCBS Brett McMurphy

Navy will join, maybe as early as next week RT @mikevukkdka: @McMurphyCBS is Navy joining? If so, who would join them?
4 hours ago FavoriteRetweetReply

»

brett_new_2009_mug_normal.jpg

McMurphyCBS Brett McMurphy

Cross Air Force off Big East's wish list: @GazetteAirForce reports Air Force will remain in Mountain West
4 hours ago FavoriteRetweetReply

I wonder if Memphis comes in now that USAFA is staying put?

I wonder if Memphis comes in now that USAFA is staying put?

As I've said before I'd like to see the Big East add Memphis and use the potential $100 million from this to try to get a bigtime football school to join.

1) Give it all to Notre Dame to join for football and then invite SU back :) or try to add someone else from a BCS conference.

2) Give it all to Texas and then invite SU back or try to add someone else from a BCS conference.

3) Same scenario but try for Oklahoma, FSU, or one of the SEC powers.

Unless and until a big football school joins the conference is vulnerable.

One other scenario I'll just mention that might work: instead of pursuing "football" schools the BE could use the $100 mil to try to become an even better basketball conference by offering $50 mil each to two of Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, and Duke to join for all sports - I think Kansas and Maryland would have the most interest. Add them and Memphis and that's a great hoops conference.

As I've said before I'd like to see the Big East add Memphis and use the potential $100 million from this to try to get a bigtime football school to join.

1) Give it all to Notre Dame to join for football and then invite SU back :) or try to add someone else from a BCS conference.

2) Give it all to Texas and then invite SU back or try to add someone else from a BCS conference.

3) Same scenario but try for Oklahoma, FSU, or one of the SEC powers.

Unless and until a big football school joins the conference is vulnerable.

One other scenario I'll just mention that might work: instead of pursuing "football" schools the BE could use the $100 mil to try to become an even better basketball conference by offering $50 mil each to two of Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, and Duke to join for all sports - I think Kansas and Maryland would have the most interest. Add them and Memphis and that's a great hoops conference.

We're leaving, who cares what the Big Splat does.

Like your handle. Very original.

So, a conference championship game every year featuring one of:

Cinci, Rutgers, UCF, USF, UConn, (Navy)

Sounds very appealing...

So, a conference championship game every year featuring one of:

Cinci, Rutgers, UCF, USF, UConn, (Navy)

Sounds very appealing...
Yet another way that Louisville is getting the shaft in this alignment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom