BE screws Syracuse & Pitt & WV | Syracusefan.com

BE screws Syracuse & Pitt & WV

arbitragegls

All Conference
:bang:if we are stuck staying in BE...and seemingly have no votes on anything...what if BE goes to divisions and our basketball team faces: Pitt, WVU, Uconn, Georgetown, and Villinova TWICE while a school like Rutgirls plays SMU, Houston, Boise St, DePaul etc Twice...will be sure way to make sure the teams leaving may not win the conference and have records that are quite as good as others

Just a thought

I don't think that is going to happen.

Even if this were to happen, why would schools like Uconn and Nova want to play a loaded schedule?

Jersey State will still finish 11th-13th no matter who is in the conference.

Nobody will be playing Boise in basketball. They're football only. Could the BE screw us on scheduling? Yeah. We'll just have to suck it up for a year.

Bring 'em all on. 'Cuse is ready to roll.

:bang:if we are stuck staying in BE...and seemingly have no votes on anything...what if BE goes to divisions and our basketball team faces: Pitt, WVU, Uconn, Georgetown, and Villinova TWICE while a school like Rutgirls plays SMU, Houston, Boise St, DePaul etc Twice...will be sure way to make sure the teams leaving may not win the conference and have records that are quite as good as others

Just a thought
I dont even think the other schools would like this...Teams like SU are home draws and make money.

I worry more about officiating. Especially in football which is an easy sport to throw say 3-4 timely flags a game which totally screw a team.

That would be a good thing. I would love a loaded schedule. Syracuse could hold its own and it would make for a very exciting year.

I would not want to play DePaul, SMU, Houston...

That would be a good thing. I would love a loaded schedule. Syracuse could hold its own and it would make for a very exciting year.

I would not want to play DePaul, SMU, Houston...
More likely we would have those as away games.

won't happen ... as Cicero says SU a big draw meaning big $$$ ... as much as people don't want to get beat up they will come to the dome or play them at home. As far as Boise State (their board approved pursuing BE offer btw... and I am surprised at that) will only be playing football ... as was mentioned.

Finally, as the other teams start entering the BE I think that SU, WVU, and Pitt will be released from 27 month contract unless they become punitive ... and then there may be a basis for a lawsuit based on the punitive nature of holding them to the contract ... and if you think that the BE is unwieldy now?!? Imagine holding Pitt, SU, and WVA and then adding Houston, SMU, and UCF to the mix ... what that would be 19 basketball teams. Btw UCF is expected to accept admission this coming week.

BTW (again) what is an associate member of the Big East? I read that LoyolaUniversity of Maryland is an associate member of the Big East.

BTW (again) what is an associate member of the Big East? I read that LoyolaUniversity of Maryland is an associate member of the Big East.

Only participates in certain sports? Do other Conferences do this too?

I think that the BE bylaws require a majority vote (which is 9), not just Marinotta's opinion on departure issues. So, you have to figure Pitt, SU, and WVU as three votes in favor of conference separation. Thus, we need 6 more votes and considering other schools are looking to bolt I would not be surprised to see the enough votes to move us out to the ACC for next season. JMHO.

Only participates in certain sports? Do other Conferences do this too?

Yes. It happens a lot in minor sports. Buffalo's crew team competes in the Colonial Athletic Association. Hartwick competes in men's soccer in the Mid-American Conference.

The Big East does not benefit from having lame ducks unless it needs them to retain its BCS. Our release date depends on the release dates imposed by the conferences that the Big East is raiding. Has anyone done that research?

I think that the BE bylaws require a majority vote (which is 9), not just Marinotta's opinion on departure issues. So, you have to figure Pitt, SU, and WVU as three votes in favor of conference separation. Thus, we need 6 more votes and considering other schools are looking to bolt I would not be surprised to see the enough votes to move us out to the ACC for next season. JMHO.

That would be all and good but hasn't the Big East stripped Pitt, SU, and WVU of their votes? or is that just in financial matters?

Women's lax only, I believe.

Bring 'em all on. 'Cuse is ready to roll.

How is the Big East going to screw us? We double up against the best teams as it stands right now, there is no way to make our schedule harder.

I think it means they're only a member for purposes of voting on the TV contract.