BE so afraid of 'Cuse/Pitt Suite asked for help from WVU | Syracusefan.com

BE so afraid of 'Cuse/Pitt Suite asked for help from WVU

arbitragegls

All Conference
Like myself, some of you may have bypassed this part of the WVU agreement on leaving the BE. It appears the BE is covering its ASS once again by trying to help out 'Cuse and Pitt to find 2 football games by having it written in the agreement that WVU will help find teams to play.

This indicates to me that the BE is concerned, and should be, that letting WVU and TCU leave causes UNDO HARM TO 'CUSE AND PITT, which in legal terms is viable court suite material.
I have a sneaky suspicion that 'Cuse does not stay the full 27 months and may be out sooner than we all expect. Take a look at post about ACC scheduling and I think a lot of back room conversation is taking place.

FREE 'CUSE NOW: should be our mantre...here is # in settlement:

"If you happened to peruse the settlement, you might have stumbled upon an odd paragraph under the heading of "Effect of Withdrawal" and the subhead of "Additional Games."
Says it:
"Upon request within a reasonable period of time following the Effective Date, WVU shall use its reasonable best efforts to help the Big East members to schedule additional football games for the 2012-13 season. In the event that either the University of Pittsburgh or Syracuse University makes such request on or before February 15, 2012, WVU will use its reasonable best effort to assist the University of Pittsburgh or Syracuse University to schedule a game with a Big 12 member for the 2012-13 season if possible."
It goes on to say that "if another school announces that it is joining the Big East for football for the 2012-13 season, then WVU shall not be required to take any such reasonable steps to help the University of Pittsburgh or Syracuse University."

THE BE is covering its ASS and frankly I feel if we want out--we get out...c'mon board lets get a petition going...FREE 'CUSE NOW!!!!1 (yes i am getting carried away with this)

me bad...sorry...thank you for pointing out Jurrie...however; so few responded to a significant point, I missed it and they may have too.....

Much ado about nothing. Asking for this type of help post-break up is a fairly standard contract provision.

Much ado about nothing. Asking for this type of help post-break up is a fairly standard contract provision.

Exactly... you always ask them for good faith efforts to fill the schedules of the other two schools leaving (and the hell with the rest of the teams staying in the conference who also have their schedule screwed.)

Sorry - that fact is really weird and telling... That it was just Syracuse and Pitt and none of the other BE football schools...

It's some sort of posturing/CYA attempt by Marinatto and co... for what is the real question.

a bigger ? is, its now the 16th. did SU ask for anything yesterday??

sort of along the lines of, 'we will gladly play kansas...at the Dome, thank you.'

The trouble with asking for help is that the only Big12 schools with an open date were Oklahoma and Oklahoma St. The choice of being massacred by Oklahoma at Oklahoma, since they'd never travel to the dome on a one and done, was taken away when OU filled its schedule with UTEP. That would leave Ok St., who also won't travel on a one and done and probably not a 1 for 1, and who would also kill SU. Its cover your ass without any real chance of being accepted by SU or Pitt. All part of next year's fun negotiations for early exits by SU and Pitt.

The big question is whether the Big East took any less money from WVU in exchange for that clause, which would be just another piece of evidence of Marinatto's stupidity. The CYA clause will be worth nothing in next year's negotiation with SU and Pitt anyway, since SU and Pitts major argument regarding the loss of WVU remains that the loss of WVU in conference has dramatically decreased the perception of the Big East and the value of Big East wins in conference and has deprived SU and Pitt of an in-conference game and given that Ok and OK St. are not bound by the CYA clause to accept a SU or Pitt request for a game. Its speculative at best that either would play us.