BE Tourney Reminiscenses - Rutgers | Syracusefan.com

BE Tourney Reminiscenses - Rutgers

Townie72

All American
Bill Rafftery and team are obviously going to do a lot of reminiscing about BE Tourney history during the games.

They just tried to do it with Rutger's history.

Rafftery said, "Rutgers was supposed to be the Sleeping Giant. But it never quite happened".

Never QUITE happened? Talk about perfuming the pig. Quite? That Giant hasn't been sleeping. It's been in a coma going through coaches every four years.

They went on to try an puff up the Rutgers history. Last made the tourney in 1991. Played in the 1976 Final Four. Once played in the BE Tourney semi game. Lost a disputed game to St Johns.

That's it. 20 plus years of effort. And you could write their accomplishments on the back of a business card.

I wonder if any Big Ten fans are watching this and listening to just how bad their newest member has been.

Bill Rafftery and team are obviously going to do a lot of reminiscing about BE Tourney history during the games.

Rafftery said, "Rutgers was supposed to be the Sleeping Giant. But it never quite happened".

Never QUITE happened? Talk about perfuming the pig. Quite? That Giant hasn't been sleeping. It's been in a coma going through coaches every four years.

They went on to try an puff up the Rutgers history. Last made the tourney in 1991. Played in the 1976 Final Four. Once played in the BE Tourney semi game. Lost a disputed game to St Johns.

That's it. 20 plus years of effort. And you could write their accomplishments on the back of a business card.

I wonder if any Big Ten fans are watching this and listening to just how bad their newest member has been.

Thanks, Townie. You summed up Rutgers sports history, though you were only commenting on their hoops.

That's incredible. I had no idea they made the tournament in1991.

Who did Bilas and Rafferty piss off to be forced to call that game?

Please. Give them some credit. Business cards that is. More likely the head of a pin.

Thanks, Townie. You summed up Rutgers sports history, though you were only commenting on their hoops.

Their football can be summed up in one sentence. Rutgers has the 4th most losses in NCAA history.

And the two best players on that team were 'Cuse tansfers Earl Duncan and Keith Hughes...

And their 2 best players on the football team during their glory year were su flips when p was let go.

Sent using my Commodore 64

And the two best players on that team were 'Cuse tansfers Earl Duncan and Keith Hughes...

That's absolutely true.

They have had a few transfers in ... but lots and lots of transfers out. After players figure out that they have been sold a bill of goods about Jersey pride or whatever, they bail out.

As of 08/15/2012
There are four other teams with over 600 football losses:
  • Indiana Hoosiers-631
  • Kansas State Wildcats-613
  • Wake Forest Demon Deacons-609
  • Rutgers Scarlet Knights-606

Syracuse historical football record by comparison:

698–497–49

As of 08/15/2012
There are four other teams with over 600 football losses:
  • Indiana Hoosiers-631
  • Kansas State Wildcats-613
  • Wake Forest Demon Deacons-609
  • Rutgers Scarlet Knights-606

Damn! They are SO close to being the losingest team ever. I hope they can pull it off.

Damn! They are SO close to being the losingest team ever. I hope they can pull it off.

Oh they'll pass Indiana and Kansas State shortly. Those teams aren't going to lose many. Assuming RU loses 15 0r 20 a year, this should happen in the next two years.

Oh they'll pass Indiana and Kansas State shortly. Those teams aren't going to lose many. Assuming RU loses 15 0r 20 a year, this should happen in the next two years.

That's a football list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom