beat pitt, win rest of the home games | Syracusefan.com

beat pitt, win rest of the home games

hello ncaa tournament

I don't know, especially with the NCAA's new weighted criteria they're emphasizing in regards to home wins, vs. road wins, etc. With that ND debacle of a loss at home, I think we'll need a somewhat impressive W on the road. Say at UL or UM. And, to finally get off the snide in regards to ACC tournament wins. If we don't get at least one win, well...5 years in the league...nuff said.

I don't know, especially with the NCAA's new weighted criteria they're emphasizing in regards to home wins, vs. road wins, etc. With that ND debacle of a loss at home, I think we'll need a somewhat impressive W on the road. Say at UL or UM. And, to finally get off the snide in regards to ACC tournament wins. If we don't get at least one win, well...5 years in the league...nuff said.

1. We are in the tournament if it started today.

2.The Committee announced they are judging teams on quadrant wins earlier this year. Georgia Tech is also a quality road win. It doesn’t have to be at Louisville or Miami. There’s other winnable road games on the schedule.

3. Not winning an ACC tournament game has zero effect on whether or not you make the tournament.

If...you know what they say about if's...if we win the remaining games on our schedule, we are a top 2-3 seed.

2.The Committee announced they are judging teams on quadrant wins earlier this year. Georgia Tech is also a quality road win. It doesn’t have to be at Louisville or Miami. There’s other winnable road games on the schedule.
I didn't say it had to be UL or UM, just an example.

3. Not winning an ACC tournament game has zero effect on whether or not you make the tournament.
A conference tournament win or two has been proven to get teams, occasionally, back on the right side of the fence. So, it can have an effect...

I don't think we go 3-0 vs Clemson, UVA and UNC. We need to be GTech to get to 9-9 and Pitt on the road is a must. I see us beating Pitt and losting to GTech. I think we end up 8-10.

We really needed to win at Wake and against ND at home. If we had done that we would be in great shape. Although 8-10 would win me an Iggy so there is a silver lining.

I know what you mean (i think) but this isn't literally true. It's part of your resume. But it's just that; part of your resume.

We really needed to win at Wake and against ND at home. If we had done that we would be in great shape. Although 8-10 would win me an Iggy so there is a silver lining.

the nd game is the real killer, thats a game we have to win 100 out of 100 times, no excuse to lose that. if we just miss the tourny thats the game to look back at. wake was a winnable game but i figured that game would be a dogfight and it was.

i think we end up 8-10 also

the nd game is the real killer, thats a game we have to win 100 out of 100 times, no excuse to lose that. if we just miss the tourny thats the game to look back at. wake was a winnable game but i figured that game would be a dogfight and it was.

i think we end up 8-10 also

the ND game is a killer; the FSU game was right there too. And that would probably be a better win. But i agree, having ND down their two best players, at home, with them not able to make a basket for the first 8-10 minutes, how do you lose that game?

That includes beating UVA and UNC. I hope you have another, better option. ;)
We played Virginia tough on the road already, and UNC is very beatable at home. The VT team we destroyed just beat them handily.

We played Virginia tough on the road already, and UNC is very beatable at home. The VT team we destroyed just beat them handily.

I'm not saying we can't beat those 2 teams, but if you honestly look at our team and feel confident we're going to win every home game remaining, with a depleted roster, you're kidding yourself. Let us not forget our home loss to ND without their 2 top players, a loss at WF when their leading scorer was out, and a loss at FSU when they were down their top player.

Last night was a nice comfortable win, but I think we should be taking it 1 game at a time rather than penciling in W's against top 10 teams.

Last edited:
That includes beating UVA and UNC. I hope you have another, better option. ;)
I think we can pull an upset in one of those games—which will help polish our resume.

Sucks we have so many near misses and could really be 17-3 right now or at least 16-4