Beating #1 on the road makes me reflect... | Syracusefan.com

Beating #1 on the road makes me reflect...

RF2044

Living Legend
...on how absolutely AMAZING a run we've been on since 2009-2010.

Truly an amazing time to be an SU fan--especially when you think of the streaks we're on.

Doesn't mean we're going to make the final four, win every game, have as dominant a regular season as last year, etc.

But this "era" of SU hoops is fun as hell, and there is no sign of a let down.

Let's Go Orange!!!

...on how absolutely AMAZING a run we've been on since 2009-2010.

Truly an amazing time to be an SU fan--especially when you think of the streaks we're on.

Doesn't mean we're going to make the final four, win every game, have as dominant a regular season as last year, etc.

But this "era" of SU hoops is fun as hell, and there is no sign of a let down.

Let's Go Orange!!!

51-4 in our last 55 games.

scales.jpg

Our record in close games has to be amazing during this era. Nail biters are so much more fun (when you win) than 20+ point blowouts.

Wow, I wonder if 51-4 over our last 55 tops everyone. I would think so. It's gonna be a sweet weekend with the taste of victory and the ability to watch the last ten minutes 5 or 6 times before Monday.

51-4 in our last 55 games.
Wow. That's close (not quite, but close) to UCLAesque in terms of W-L over an extended period - of course, they won multiple titles so I'm not trying to suggest we've had similar tourney success. But 51-4 against BE caliber comp and given the general parity in college ball over the last decade... it's still impressive. Want... more... FFs and titles...

Where would you rank this era among the all-time best eras in SU history?

The Louis and Bouie Show era
The Pearl/DC/Sherm/Billy/Rony era
09-10 to the Present

Would those be the best "eras" in SU history, in terms of sustained success? And how would you rate them? And I mean sustained success. Remember, we went to the NIT the year before the title, so that doesn't really factor in. It was a great one year surrounded by a lot of mediocrity.

09-10 to the Present

Would those be the best "eras" in SU history, in terms of sustained success? And how would you rate them? And I mean sustained success. Remember, we went to the NIT the year before the title, so that doesn't really factor in. It was a great one year surrounded by a lot of mediocrity.

This is clearly our Golden Age. But it has been tarnished by off court issues and by not getting to the Final Four last year and in 2010. Those were years we absolutely should have gone. It is astonishing to think that after losing 4 players last year, we are in a position to go again. WILL WE MAKE IT? We are due. That means nothing, but we. . . are . . . due. Our record since 2010 has been superlative. In fact, who has been better than us?

Time to start performing in the Tourney. It feels a lot like the late 80s

09-10 to the Present

Late 80s, early 90s were awesome but too many What losses in the tourney spoiled it.