Because I'm a frustrated Orange fan... | Syracusefan.com

Because I'm a frustrated Orange fan...

UD1954

Scout Team
I haven't too much good to say about this years team...either I have to stop watching them or buy a new big screen because I'm gonna throw something threw it. I don't think I've made a positive post about this team all year and for that I apologize to the Orange fans who read my posts.

We all love SU sports, but don't let it ruin your life or make your blood pressure skyrocket. Being more positive is a good thing. I've mellowed over losses, certainly don't like them, but I've learned to take them in stride and move on.

I haven't too much good to say about this years team...either I have to stop watching them or buy a new big screen because I'm gonna throw something threw it. I don't think I've made a positive post about this team all year and for that I apologize to the Orange fans who read my posts.

Go be a Rutgers hoops fan for a year then come back.

This is a dream season for them.

We all have to learn to handle our emotions about the teams we love. It's not easy, but the rewards are great. They have done studies where results show that fans of teams are more mentally healthy than people who aren't fans. (I know! Kind of hard to believe.) And we need to know our limits. Perhaps you don't have the temperament to tolerate losing seasons. Hey, there's no shame in that! Socrates said, "Know thyself."

I have to do lots of self-regulation during basketball season. We all do. If you find that you can only post negative, angry (?) things, perhaps you should do a self-ban and come back next season. I have banned myself from reading stuff on the forum if I am feeling too sensitive after a loss. There is no one-size-fits-all. But I do know that if you only post "negative" comments, you will eventually become an irritant to this board, so that's not good. I say STAY with us, read the more upbeat posts, and become part of this community. It's a good thing!

We all have to learn to handle our emotions about the teams we love. It's not easy, but the rewards are great. They have done studies where results show that fans of teams are more mentally healthy than people who aren't fans. (I know! Kind of hard to believe.) And we need to know our limits. Perhaps you don't have the temperament to tolerate losing seasons. Hey, there's no shame in that! Socrates said, "Know thyself."

I have to do lots of self-regulation during basketball season. We all do. If you find that you can only post negative, angry (?) things, perhaps you should do a self-ban and come back next season. I have banned myself from reading stuff on the forum if I am feeling too sensitive after a loss. There is no one-size-fits-all. But I do know that if you only post "negative" comments, you will eventually become an irritant to this board, so that's not good. I say STAY with us, read the more upbeat posts, and become part of this community. It's a good thing!
SOOOOOOO WELL SAID BBALLBEADLE!

Really nice post Beadle! I was thinking this morning (snow day here in NH), this team was never meant to be composed like it is. We've been fairly spoiled of late with always having a next man up when someone leaves early. The staff recruited with the reasonable belief that this year would be:
PG Ennis
SG Cooney
SF Grant
PF McCullough
C Christmas
If you figure that Gbinije/Roberson/Joseph/Coleman are now options off the bench, that's another top 5 team and would have been a great year to be a fan! Injury and early entrants have crippled this teams realistic ceiling.
I'm trying to just appreciate the great effort that the players are displaying every game. Playing 40 minutes against much fresher players has got to be tremendously difficult. So in watching last night against Carolina, I came away thinking, we played at a really high level for as long as we had gas in the tank. Still frustrating as a fan to come up short though.

I'm kinda on the opposite side from UD1954. I've not had a bad thing to say about the team and won't. We have great kids, a great coach, great fans, a great set of facilities, and a superb university. This is a down year for us and we're still 14-7. We haven't had a losing season since before I was a student and find it hard to complain about much of anything. We've missed the NCAA tournament 7 times since I've been a fan to go with 35 appearances in the tournament during the same period of time. While we have had adversity at times, the net result of my life as fan of Syracuse University Basketball is overwhelmingly on the plus side. I feel very fortunate and look forward to the good things these kids will do and to many more good years as a fan of a great school and set of athletic programs. With SU, it's a question of who will impress us next and when...not if. We're blessed more than we know...